[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - '81 Coachman Motorhome: Project...
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 '81 Coachman Motorhome: Project... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post '81 Coachman Motorhome: Project...
So I have decided I have way too much stuff and there's no way I'm going to be able to complete all of my projects, so I just need to pare down. I have this on Craigslist for $10,000.

I have a fairly rare 20 foot Coachman Motorhome, built on an F250 platform. No sitting all caddywampus trying to drive a van with 12" of foot room...

This started life as an '81 Ford F250, 2WD, 300 inline 6 cylinder, T-18 trans, old axles, etc...

Since we purchased it, I have completely redone much of the interior and running gear. Here's what it has now:
1. I converted it to 4WD and added a little lift.
2. Engine is a 351W from a '95 Bronco, runs strong.
3. Engine is converted to MAF SEFI with a Ford Racing EFI wiring harness and Mustang A9L EEC.
4. Transmission is a freshly rebuilt SBF ZF S5-42 5 speed with granny low and Overdrive.
5. Transfer case is a BW-1356 with rear slip yoke and manual shift.
6. Front axle is a HP Dana 44 with 4.10 gears and a new Trac-loc.
7. Rear axle is a Sterling with 4.10 gears and a stock Trac-loc.
8. Tires have less than 500 miles on them, Falken Wildpeak 325/70/17 on new aluminum 8x6.5 wheels, with Centramatic wheel balancers to keep the ride smooth and balanced.

Now for the bad, this is not 100% as it sits right now. It will run and drive; however the roof leaks a bit as well as around one of the rear windows. We recoated the roof with rubber and resealed most of it, but some parts need redoing. It is not "fantastic" inside, but it's on it's way.

Understand this is a project still, but it could be an incredible adventure rig with a bit of work.

I bought a new truck and have a pop-up pick-up camper, so don't need this as well.

I have this on Craigslist for $10,000. If you price out the drivetrain you're pretty close to that number... If someone wanted just the camper part, I'd sell the camper shell itself for $2K?, and I'll pull all the running gear out of it.
Joe

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: '81 Coachman Motorhome: Project...
That's pretty cool Joe! You might want to post pictures of the inside so folks get an idea of the layout.

Hope the right buyer comes along!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is pretty bad ass! If I had room, I would be tempted to take it off your hands.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

List this on Expedition Portal as well.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]