[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road 4x4
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road 4x4 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road 4x4
Yup. The Taco is hitting the road. Finally convinced the wife. Last week I went and looked at a Super Duty with Zilla and Friday I struck the verbal agreement. Thursday I pick up the truck.

Here's what I got.
2008 Tacoma
4 door "Double Cab"
TRD Off Road model, so no fancy fake scoped hood. Sorry.
Pretty much has every option available for a TRD OR, minus the six disc changer and steering wheel controls.
It's got the 4.0 V6 with auto transmission and shift on the fly 4 wheel drive. Also has the electric rear locker installed.
Truck is black with grey cloth interior. A few minor scratches on it. Nothing too ugly. Interior is pretty much cherry. I usually wear coveralls at the salvage yard or carry a small blanket to sit on after my trips.

Right now the ODO is sitting about 300 short of 26k. Just had the 25k services done on it. Every service has been performed by Toyota every time. Every one of them here in Colorado Springs, minus one in Kansas City when I was home visiting family.

Here's where it gets good. I bought the additional warranty for the truck. 6 years/70k miles. That's another 3 years or 45k miles worth of worry free driving. How good is the warranty? Bumper to bumper. Everything. And includes 24 hour roadside assistance and towing. Plus there is a 5 year paint and interior warranty as well. As the guy told me (and confirmed in the paperwork), you spill coffee on the seat and can't clean it out yourself or with a professional, they will replace the seat.

But enough car salesmen talk. Truck has been great the last three years I have owned it. But I'm not in love with it. I always wanted a Super Duty and now I am going to get one.

Kelly Blue Book on the truck in Excellent condition is 29,000. I'd put mine at Good due to the scratches in the paint and some scratches in the bed, Good condition is listed at 28,000.

Considering the warranties still in place on this truck and the fact I am not desperate to sell it, I plan to put it up for 25,000 on the market. For club members, I'd let her go for 23,000.

If you are in the market for a Tacoma, or have been thinking about one, check out Craigslist and the dealers. I have. I'm very confident you aren't going to be able to touch a Tacoma for that price, with that mileage, AND with a warranty still attached.

If you're interested, you can hit me up via PM for contact info and we can set something up. For those official CCB members, you can find my contact info in the members only section.

** One final note. There is still a lien through Toyota Motor Credit so I do not have a title in hand. What can I say? 0% interest? Uh, okay!

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road 4x4
Planning to go with the overhead gauges instead of the pillar.

I like the look of the green backgrounds combined with the dash. Kind of gives it a cockpit like feel that I am sure 777 would appreciate.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Now with pics.

The Terrible One

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would love to build a double cab Taco into a crawler. SAS, exo, 4-link, custom bed... Family friendly.

J.D.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not that there was any interest from here... laughing2

Sale pending. To one of Billie Prescott's co-workers, nonetheless!

The Terrible One

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]