[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My house in Falcon, CO FOR SALE
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 My house in Falcon, CO FOR SALE 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My house in Falcon, CO FOR SALE
Update 5/7/14: We are again trying to sell. The market has rebounded a little and we have another couple years equity and hopefully that combination is enough to make a deal feasible. Current web link to follow in a reply.

Update 8/10/12: We are renting the house. See here for details:
http://falcon.appfolio.com/listings/lis ... ae4b628b4b

Yep, the Air Force is sending us to Germany this summer, so we're starting the motions to sell our house. We're going to try to sell by owner, but if we're not getting enough interest, we'll have to get a real estate agent involved. We are to be in Germany no later than July 31st, so ideally we'd like to stay here until fairly close to that time, even if it meant renting the house back from the new owner. As to price, we're looking into that. I hate to advertise anything yet so I'll do as the builders do...low 300's.

The house is located on a cul-de-sac and the two trouble neighbors we had have moved out. With the new neighbors occupying those houses, we have a very friendly little community here, all helping each other when needed.

Specs:
8491 Champie Rd. 80831
House was built in 2002
6 bedrooms, 4 full baths (+1 smaller room with no windows)
Three bedrooms upstairs along with 2 baths, Kitchen, dining, formal dining, Laundry, & Living rm
Three bedrooms downstairs, 2 baths, work-out room, large living room.
Total sq. ft is 3810 (small utility is only room unfinished)
It's a ranch with walk-out basement
1914 finished sq. ft upstairs
3-car attached garage with 12-14ft high ceilings
Central Natural Gas heating
Two wired in-wall JBL speakers downstairs that sound nice, two smaller JBL ones upstairs that sound OK
1 acre lot.
I do have a loop for a drip system around the back yard.
Front Yard on Automatic system.

HOA's are around $143 and covers some water. (8,500 gal/mo IIRC)

We have gone thru and painted every wall in the house. Just touched up 2/4/12. We have added a whirlpool flat-top stove and a nice LG fridge.

I have some pictures here, but they are somewhat dated. We will be taking current pictures soon and I will update the thread then.

Small front yard

From the back

Rear deck - just refinished last fall

Garage - after fresh floor paint. Many shelves added now, walls insulated, and floor worn some. All bays are 22ft and I can get my F-350 super cab, short bed inside. I have added two 20-amp circuits in here too.

View from entry:

We set the downstairs up as an entertainment room. We have a full size pool table behind these chairs.

View of Pikes Peak from front door

PM if you are interested or know of someone who might be. I'll be happy to answer any questions and show the house. Thanks!

J.D.

EDIT 2/14/12: A link with updated pics:
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/je ... O%20house/

Last edited by Jesus_man on Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My house in Falcon, CO
Nice house in a quiet area. Sorry to see you go, but you will love Germany. I was stationed in England 5 years and made a few trips to Germany, mostly stopping on my way to the sand box. Good luck!

John

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Beautiful house JD. My wife and I are looking to downsize soon. Yours is too big though. The kids could move back in if we lived there.

Before a recent trip I told the neighbor "If you see thieves moving stuff out of my house, call the police. If you see my kids moving stuff in, call the police."

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys. We've worked hard to keep the house up after we did a lot of work to fix it up prior to our move-in. I am really hoping that sets our house apart from the competition. This deal could certain make or break us for sure. With the cost of living in Germany nearly twice, I don't know what we'd do if we sell at a loss or can't sell at all. Renting is a last resort, but one nonetheless.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Guys, we're getting down to the wire here. Any help would be appreciated. We've had the same prospective buyers backout on us twice because they are flakes!! They've backed on on at least one other that we know of. We're pretty firm on the price since we're already losing money, but if any buyers are OK with using our agent as a moderator, that takes one agent out of the equation and we can be a little flexible on price.

J.D.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My house in Falcon, CO
Rent it out....if that's an option.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, we are going to start actively looking for renters the end of this month. We certainly want someone who will care for our home as we have. If you know of someone looking for a larger house, please send them my way. We have not worked out how much yet, but it looks like we will have to refinance in order to be competitive (and cover our costs). Could be a little flexible depending on how much ground-work tenants want or don't want to do.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Make sure you refinance while you're in it. We were looking at renting ours and were going to have to get a higher interest mortgage because it would be a rental property.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So you're saying refi now with no mention of renting it?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd look into it for sure. You may want to have a highly hypothetical conversation with a mortgage broker before you make any final decisions. The one we just used was incredibly good and I'd be happy to pass on his name if you're interested. He's out of Cherry Creek, though, so not sure if that would cause any problems for you. We did everything other than the final signatures by email, phone and fax.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll call someone and ask that question. But we have someone local we'll probably use for the deal. Thanks!

J.D.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No sweat, good luck!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My house in Falcon, CO FOR RENT
It's up for sale! We've been renting it for two years and ready to try to unload it. Tenants have taken good care of the house (thankfully) and their lease expires the end of this month. Let me know if you know of someone looking in the Falcon area and wants a large lot with 3-car garage.

Wed May 07, 2014 1:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My house in Falcon, CO FOR SALE
Link as promised:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... =EML300211

Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]