[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 51 Ford F1
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 51 Ford F1 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 51 Ford F1
Well its time to let one of the children go...

My dad and I did a complete frame off restoration with a few mods to this 51 ford pick up. We "finished" in late 2001. She has just over 4k miles since the rebuild.

Truck has just over 66k miles on her, we know the history, it was my Uncles father in law's farm truck. All steel. Original fenders, new bed sides, tail gate, wood, polished stainless steel bed strips, nearly all the original chrome, new interior, new wire harness, converted to 12 volts, new tinted glass, seat belts. Original flat head V8 - rebuilt. Original 3 spd trans. Delux cab which means it came with the fancy chrome, radio and heater.

Runs great!

The bad - some chips and rubs in the paint, rust forming on the running boards (surface only as of now) and the spedo cable broke last month. Not a difficult fix, I just do not have the time or inclination to do it anymore. Radio does not work (it did but when we changed to 12 volts... I forgot and fired it up before I installed the transformers and blew the vacuum tubes - transformer are installed now - just need to pull the radio and have the tubes replaced)

We just never drive her - Dad has no room in his garage and no longer do I, so we decided to sell her.

Asking $22k (far more invested) but will listen to offers.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 51 Ford F1
That is a beautiful looking truck. Good luck

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tim took the words out of my mouth. Very nice!

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

GLWS, that thing is stunning. If Wilma comes out half as nice you're have a heck of a Bronco.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Man that's pretty, how much to just drive it around for an hour on a sunny day?

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kirk,

As long as I still own it - you are welcome to borrow her to take the Mrs. for a drive anytime.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice Greg. I like the grill style on these much better than earlier models.

You can get a better price on Ebay, more visibility/money than craigslist, good luck!

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]