[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 1971 Mustang Mach 1 with 429 Cobra Jet
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 1971 Mustang Mach 1 with 429 Cobra Jet 
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post 1971 Mustang Mach 1 with 429 Cobra Jet
It's time to get serious about getting this car out of my garage. I'm now on a serious time crunch before it will have to be moved to storage. Price is very negotiable for CCB members and I would even entertain the idea of reasonable payments for "active" club members.

A little more work has been completed since these pictures were taken, the front suspension is back in and ready to roll. Most of the sheet metal from the back seat forward has been replaced and coated with Por 15. Under the hood it was also top coated with chassis coat black. The rear fender aprons were replaced with NOS parts. The front aprons and core support were done with reproduction parts. The car still has rust in the quarters, trunk floor drop offs, a little in the trunk floor and right hand wheel house if I recall correctly. It comes with new quarter panels & the trunk drop offs that are still boxed. It also comes with an OE NASA style ram air hood, and front and rear reproduction spoilers.

The car was originally an "M" code, but that motor is long gone. I found a 429 CJ many years ago that has been sitting for at least 20 years. A tear down has revealed presumably low miles and no machine work done. However there is light pitting in the cylinders from storage and machine work will have to be done. I believe I have all of the factory CJ specific parts with the exception of the carburetor and valve covers. I also have a set of Hooker long tube headers that have never been installed. It comes with a C-6 transmission from a different 71 429 that I planned on installing with the motor. I do not know the history of the transmission, but was told it was good. The motor that it was bolted to was blown and a I scrapped it years ago.

As far as interior, the carpet has only had 3 months of use, but is a little dirty from storage. The door panels have minor blemishes, but are plenty usable. It will need a headliner, and front seats recovered. The back seat has a seam coming apart, but it may be able to be repaired. I would also plan on replacing the top dash pad. Title in hand, too many extra parts to list. Asking $4k. I need to have it out of the garage on the morning of 8/22 to make room for another purchase.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1971 Mustang Mach 1 with 429 Cobra Jet
Are you making room for a bronco?

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:59 am
VENDOR
VENDOR

I wish! Definitely won't be taking on another project any time soon.

I bought a mill a while back from a cylinder head shop that is going out of business, now I need to get it out of there.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So you're going to be able to machine cylinder heads....? fire fire

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wish I had 4k lying around

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:49 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Sale pending.

In theory I could probably do cylinder heads...but the extent of my machining experience thus far has been limited to rotors and drums. My welder and plasma don't make me no fabricator either.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]