[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - wtborrow.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 wtborrow. 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post wtborrow.
hey guys i am starting to pull my transmission and t case. Want to know if somebody has a transmission jack or a bigger floor jack i could borrow for a day or two? just need it to help me get them down. text me or call me and let me know thank you. number is 719 359 3770 my name is josh

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: wtborrow.
I have a motorcycle jack I have been using to do mine

let me know if you want to use it

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have this that adapts to a normal floor jack you are welcome to.

The issue with it, is the vehicle needs to be pretty high off the ground to get the tranny all the way out. With my 3.5" lift and 35's, it's not enough.

J.D.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

what size jack is that? i only have a 2.5 ton jack. its pretty bad i know

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a transmission jack, but I'm pretty far from you. You're welcome to borrow it.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I have four HD jack stands you could borrow too. Put your axles on those on the highest setting you can, then start pulling out your tranny. You could do some measuring and find just the right height that will allow your tranny to come out so you don't have to go so high on the jack stands. The bottom of my frame is 22.5" off the ground. If you got your frame 26-28" off the ground, that should be enough to pull the tranny out. But honestly, I don't recall how much I lacked. And my tranny is a ZF. Measure from the bottom of the tranny to the highest part of the tunnel and the height of your jack pad from the floor when lowered. Then I can measure my adapter and add all those up to get a minimum height you need to get the frame off the ground.

My only caveat is that I will need to start packing things up for a move early May-ish and will need these items back by then.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]