[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Dana 44 spindle nut socket (tool)
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Dana 44 spindle nut socket (tool) 

Post Dana 44 spindle nut socket (tool)
Tried to replace my wheel studs this wknd, but I need to use this tool. I found one on-line, but I'd rather pay someone here to borrow yours. Anyone help me out? Eric 720-277-8005

Sun May 06, 2012 4:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have one.....where you at?

Sun May 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Post Re: Dana 44 spindle nut socket (tool)
Adam in Erie was able to help me out with a loaner. Thanks again Adam, have it back to you shortly.

Sun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Np. Great to meet you. Hope it can help you make short work of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sun May 06, 2012 6:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wish I would have known you were looking for one because I'm in Broomfield and could have lent you mine. I carry one in my toolbox in the Bronco all the time.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Mon May 07, 2012 3:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They are pretty cheap. Don't recall what store I found mine in, but it was a chain parts store. I think it was near $20

Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got mine at napa for not much as stated above (can not remember exact price). Good one to put in the glove box. I'm in Ft. Collins otherwise you are welcome to mine!

Matt

Mon May 07, 2012 9:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is one of those tools that everyone who owns or works on any old 4x4 should have. I've made several over the yrs. Tore a few up as well. My best one is a billet one I made yrs ago. Tough as nails.

Another helpful tool is one to lube the spindle bearings. Used to see them being advertised in 4x4 magazines yrs ago. Built one from a spare wheel bearing retaining nut, a piece of tubing and a piece of flat stock with a grease zerk attached welded to the nut.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat May 12, 2012 8:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 14, 2012 7:50 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon May 14, 2012 12:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's pretty darn cool. Don't even need to remove the bearings. How well does it get that inside bearing?

Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 18, 2012 5:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am happy you started this thread - I ordered one in my Wild Horses this week and it was less than $20.00. This will way I can stop borrowing ZOSO/Boogers ;)

Fri May 18, 2012 9:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bob - so you're saying it'll do the outer bearing right? I'll be pulling mine apart next week to install new locker, so I'll refresh my memory on how this assembly works.

If you do any trail riding, it's a tool you should carry with you. I have yet to need mine on the trail, but that day will come someday...

Fri May 18, 2012 9:32 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri May 18, 2012 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

JD your thinking wheel bearings. I've thought about a tool to try to get grease into the wheel bearings but the best tool I've found was the hand. Tried one of those bearing packers but doing it by hand you can see your getting the old out and new in.

Fri May 18, 2012 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Roqkbound, how's it going with your hubs? Hope the socket is working for you.

Thu May 24, 2012 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]