[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Congratulations Booger! You November Member of the Month!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Congratulations Booger! You November Member of the Month! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Congratulations Booger! You November Member of the Month!
Colorado Classic Broncos would like to congratulate Bob Bendt as the November Member of the Month. Bob, also known as “Booger”, was recognized for his active role in getting a bronco back to the rightful owner in the “I AM SEARCHING FOR THIS TRUCK” thread. Here is a little bit about “Booger”.

Encarta Dictionary:
boog-er (noun)
1. piece of nasal mucus in or from somebody’s nose
2. an annoying person
3. the colour of ‘66-‘67 Fords- “Lime Gold” or remanufactured “Legend Lime” on Bob’s 2006 Mustang

Bob was born and raised here in Colorado. Something about being born on a mountain and raised in a cave...hmmmm. He currently works as a Pharmaceutical Calibration Dude. Basically, all the equipment that makes medicine needs to be kept up on its RPMs, temperatures, weights and other physically manipulative properties. I’m not supposed to mention the lab in the basement...oops! However, before he was known as Dr. Booger he worked as a Design Fabricator welding and designing other cool stuff. Apparently he was designing a winch but ended up buying a winch for his wife (a winch for a wench-sorry couldn’t resist. No offense Mrs. Booger)

Bob comes from a family of Bronco owners. His father bought the’74 Bronco in 1977. His father had modified the suspension for a more comfortable ride and cut it for some 31’s. Since Bob got it from his Dad, he has put in a 351 W, a new(er) C4, bumpers, a 3 1/2 Wild Horses Suspension Lift and had it repainted. It’s still carbed but will be EFIed when the opportunity arises. Sad to say, but the Bronco has taken a back seat to his 2006 booger colored Mustang. It has been an impressive build/mod process. If you want to know more I’m sure he’ll tell you ALL about it- Trust me I know. You’ll want to bring a lunch. He said he’ll drive it to one of the next Bronco Breakfasts.

One of his favorite Bronco stories is about a time he and his soon to be brother -in-law went out after an intense rain storm. He said the rain had left a pretty good sized puddle. So of course they drove the Bronco in for a little play time. What Bob didn’t realize was the rain flooded out the ditch next to the puddle. So as he was driving through the puddle he started to lose a little ground, then a little more until the puddle was getting close to the top of the grill. As they lost momentum he thought “I better lock the hubs”. Just so you know...if you open the door when your vehicle is submerged, water comes into the vehicle. Bob closed the door, crawled out the window and nearly had to hold his breath to get to the hubs. Of course by the time they could get going the distributer got a tad wet and stalled out. Thankfully, someone had some chains and when a trash truck drove by they pulled it out of the seemingly innocent little puddle.

His favorite dessert is his wife’s cheese cake pie.

Bob wanted to exit this interview with his admiration for the guys in this club. He is impressed with how much this club helps one another. I think we all agree that this is an exceptional club with exceptional people. Congratulations Bob!

Upcoming events:
ZOSO vs. The Grandson----Cage Match for the Family Bronco
Zillacon’s Razor vs. Mrs. Boogers Smart Car

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Congratulations Booger! You November Member of the Month
Congratulations Boog - you deserve the honor for all of the hard work. What you did for AMX is so awesome. There are only a handful of guys in the country with your years of Bronco experience. Great story keeping that killer Bronco in the Family, upgrading it along the way, and passing down the Bronco passion to the next generation. One reason I love the Breakfast with Broncos is sitting with you and ZOSO and hearing your crazy stories.

A big thanks for letting me use your specialized tools that you invented. Bleeding brakes was a piece of cake with your Brake Bleeder and your tool for the front hubs saved the day. Oh yeah, thanks for ZOSO who helped me do both of those projects! A sincere thanks for sharing your passion for Broncos, experience, tools, stories, and talents with the group.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you guys.
I 'd like to thank my mom and dad for being there for me. I like to thank my lovely wife Mrs. Booger. I'd like to thank my first grade teacher who said I'd never get anywhere in that jeep. A big thanks to my high school auto mechanics teacher for showing me how to get mud out from under the dash of dads pickup. A big thanks to Larry, Moe, Curly and the ever resourceful Shemp for showing me the way.

Oh wait that's my Grammy's speech. Now where the heck did I put my CCB speech. Oh here it is (paper rustling),
Thank you to the great club that you guys have built here. In this club we're all family.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats to you My Boogie Man, you are my member of the month every month!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

^^^^^^^ You funny!!

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

congrats Booger !

Now don't stay out too late with your buddies at all of the "after parties".

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A big congratulations is in order! Thanks for your contributions to the club.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats Boog! Let me be just one more to say you deserve it!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congratulations!! Thanks for your contributions to the club!

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BWAHAHAHAHA- he is gonna hate this one!!!

you guys are such spooners.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats Booger!

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats boog. Way to represent the old guys. I saw you the other morning at 5280 but I was so star struck by your celebrity I kept my distance. That, plus with that many weapons around, I didn't want to startle you. foshizzle

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 pm
Profile YIM

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congratulations booger! Keep up the great work supporting the club and members with your enthusiasm and hard work.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]