[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Cam's 73'
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Cam's 73' 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Cam's 73'
I had to support my rear quarter off my frame via a bushing to stop it from sagging. Mine was due to tree or rock damage tho.

Sun May 03, 2020 7:40 am

Ohhh gotcha. Mine was a rollover so I’m guessing that’s what mine was, thank you!

Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Sooo I didn’t get pictures of them but I finally finished the brakes and got them all bled so I have some nice stuff brakes! Feels like I could stop on a dime. Also got the motor put together and had 0 problems other than one of the bolts for the water pump was leaking coolant so we’ll see if we fixed that, added 5 quarts of oil and then once we get that leak fixed, add fuel, battery, power steering fluid and adjust the timing it should in theory start!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 16, 2020 10:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Cam Man worked so hard all weekend, got the brakes bled after he rebuilt the rear brakes, and the new power steering pump put in and adjusted, and all new fluids everywhere and we just ran out of daylight, went and got a new battery and the gosh dang new fuel pump we bought six months ago wasn’t working, no fuel to the engine!!!
FAAAAARRRGGG!!!!!!!

....so close ;)

Drug it home July 14, 2019 - Champagne dreams on a beer budget and only working every other weekend at best not including four months of winter, this kid has made some great progress!!!

Love ya Bubby ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 18, 2020 6:38 am

That's an incredible progress in a short amount of time he should be very proud!

On a side note you know what beats youth NOTHING he probable never even took a Advil lol

Mon May 18, 2020 5:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love it!

Thu May 21, 2020 7:51 am

As my dad mentioned we tried to start it up but it wasn’t getting fuel even after replacing the fuel pump so I go to take a look at my auxiliary gas tank switch and the dang thing was hooked up wrong obviously because why would I have got it first try? Then magically 2 cans of starter fluid later..... the darn thing was up and running!!!

Fri May 22, 2020 12:15 am

Finally got the headlights working! Pretty sweet for $45 eBay mustang lights lol

Sat May 30, 2020 4:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice halo affect!

Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:19 am

I don’t have many pictures but we’re finally almost done with the passenger side floor Pam and ready to move to the driver side! I’ve also been doing a couple little things like light trim, grill badge and getting ready to take out the turn signal assembly to replace it and the steering wheel but it’s crazy how much we’ve gotten done in not even a year and I’m only 16!!

Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:16 pm

It rained 4 times today but we rewired the running lights so they don’t flicker anymore as well as waited until it got dark to adjust the headlights and dang these things are bright all the way around from the running light to the high beams, they’re easily worth $40

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lighting upgrade often get overlooked, but they make a massive difference when you need it most!

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:29 am

Those look bright! with my night vision not being what it use to be I may be doing this upgrade

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:40 am

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:53 am

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:54 am

I forgot to take pictures like a ding dong but I replaced the whole turn signal cam assembly and plugged the wires into the connector and finally put on my new steering wheel on and connected the horn (which somehow actually still works)

Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! Great looking setup!

A horn...I rely on the menacing stance of my bronco to get the point across. Mine has never had a horn under my ownership.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yah-- you have now put yourself into the rare Bronco category...a functioning horn!

Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:06 am

Man that's a fancy wheel, looks awesome!

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:54 am

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:29 am

Not a whole lot of progress with the 73 this weekend with my brothers birthday/graduation as well as the transmission swap in my dads bronco, but I did get a chance to finally add the period correct passenger side headlight bezel rather than the early style bezel without the notches for the headlight adjustment screws

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You said it backwards...The trim rings with the adjuster notches are for early Broncos, So you can adjust them to your heart's content!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Not a whole lot of progress on the 73 but I did rebuild my carburetor, cleaned the tires, and installed a check valve into my fuel system. It’s also time to go to an electric fuel pump setup as my 3rd manual pump has failed. I’m going to use a Carter 4070 fuel pump setup with a relay from with summit racing or jegs performance.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good on you tackling the carb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those rims cleaned up nice & look sharp with new tires.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:37 am

Not any thing important, but I’m replacing my lanyard on my bronco keys with a Warn winch hook strap! It’s much shorter and out of the way while I’m driving which is all I was looking for, these are just some old bronco keys, they’re not for mine but it was a good comparison for what my keys will look like on it. My build is kind of on the back burner until after Super Cel in buena vista but it’s sure to be up and running in the near future!!

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:17 pm

While my dad got his new sending unit installed I got my new carter 4070 installed, wired and working perfectly! In the past I needed started fluid to start it next to almost every time but now it cranks right up!! Went for a little drive with dad and took both the broncos around the neighborhood and had a little bit of fun going through the gears and even spinning the tired a little bit lol

Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Vroom! Yeah, instant fuel pressure does amazing things on start-up!

Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:51 am

Glad to hear that fixed your issue, so what are you going to do with all the left over starter fluid icon biggin

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

SO PROUD of this kid!!! I barely got to help with the wiring and before ya knew it, He was flying around the neighborhood!!!

I think we need to wrap that Hot Pipe near the pump Bub!?

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next