[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - newbie
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hi all,

I moved to Denver a few years ago and I am looking for an early Bronco. I just found this website and I hope to learn some tips/tricks from it.

Although, I have many years experience of off-roading and building trucks. I was hoping someone could give me some tips on how to find a good Bronco and what to look for. I am currently finishing my last semester of college and in the Spring, I plan to purchase my first Bronco.

Any advice would be much appreciated and taken seriously...

Have a good one...
Mike

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: newbie
Welcome to Colorado Classic Broncos!

Once you start to narrow down to one or two EB's post the listing or photos here along with price and other information, I'm sure members will be willing to give you advise to point you in the right direction.

Keep us posted!

Billie

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the site. There are a couple guys in the club looking for Broncos. I think most (if not ALL) watch craigslist.org and eBay. I am watching KSL in Utah as well. That is a great resource. Some people belive that Winter is the best time to buy. One tip is to search for 'Ford Bronco' AND 'Early Bronco' as well - I put both in any ads but I have missed a few parts not searching for both. I have only been into EB's since June 2010 so I have not seen an annual cycle. Seems like there were more at the beginning of the summer than at the end.

Best of luck on your search and wecome to the club. There will be a lot of fun events, trail rides, car shows, cruise nights, etc. Plus, lots of great resources in the club - we even have a Bronco Guru (Viperwolf)!

Keep us all updated on your search and we will let you know if there is anything good out there.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks gang. I am really trying to a find a 75, 76, or 77. But to be honest, any year from 66-77 will work nicely. I check Craigslist constantly, eBay too, and every now and then, the paper.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is a $2,000.00 project in Utah. Here is the information - sounds great:

Hey guys,

Our friend Masa is moving to California and is selling his Bronco before he leaves. Please see his email below and let him know if you are interested.

Were sorry to see you go Masa!

Thank you,

Site Manager
Utah Bronco Registry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Subject: 1966 bronco for sale
To: utahbroncoregistry@gmail.com

Hey Kevin, can you let anyone whom might be interested that I am moving to California and have to sell my bronco project.
Details are as follows:

project bronco, body off.

c-4 auto
vehicle runs real good.
complete vehicle
have a detroit locker (ford 9) new in box
doors and also fiberglass door inserts
mustang fuel injection system (minus ecm)
p/s installed
body is cut. typical rust spots.
i can reinstall tub, but would rather not so next owner could complete project. There is a lot of extra parts that will come with project (extra 3rd member) trans, body parts, etc.etc...

asking 2,000 obo.

I have to be out of my house by Thanksgiving.
Thanks for your help.

masa

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don't forget to check out the Broncos for sell on classicbroncos.com

Here's a recent post for a bronco in Parker

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=172038

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Air Force seller Emailed me pics end of the summer - I will look through my trash. It was a nice EB. If I find them, I will post them.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Depending on how much body work you want to do, there is a '68 for sale on South Golden Road, and Orion street. Their asking $4500.00. Don't know much else about it.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lots of good leads gang. Thank you for your help...

Looking at one in Lakewood this Saturday, hopefully it is nice....
I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How did things go with the Lakewood EB? I am assuming that you passed since you havent added any pictures :)

If you did pass on that Bronco, you at least are more informed for the next Bronco. Looking at a few trucks is pain smart. Keep us updated on your search. There is a great on on CL today for $2,000.00:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2034867025.html

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, I passed on it, it ran great; 302, 4 speed, the drivetrain was/is very solid. Body was a little rough, but the owner was a really nice guy. He really enlightened me on what to look for.

The search continues and after driving that '69 yesterday, I am really looking forward to a EB meetup.

Thanks!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

best advice I can give is look at and drive as many as you can.
and better to have regrets about not buying one that may have been good vs. the alternative of buying one that you regret for whatever reason.

when I bought my most recent one I went looking and took with me a big furniture pad (to crawl around on under the truck) and my floor jack.
lift it up spin wheels, check gearing, limited slips, bearing etc
alot of things can be discovered by doing that.

yes you look like loon, not hard for me, but you might find some barganing material if its the truck you want or it may send you on your way to the next one.

depending on your plans with the truck if you are patient you might just find one "done" or close to it for a fraction of what it takes to build these things.
And not just money. The blood sweat and tears. Also consider the time away from family building them, A struggle I deal with on a regular...

keep looking

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Any luck finding a Bronco MW?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm not sure how much of a build you want but be sure check the common rust areas.

Inner fenders near the cowl
Floorpans
Kickpanels
Door posts
Rockers

$$ adds up quickly if you need to R&R these. Also, 72+ got the dana 44 front if that matters to you. Alternatively, you can always swap one in later if you need the extra strength.

Good luck with the search.

My Personal Website -

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You may also want to reconsider the years you're looking at. The 1975 and older trucks have the benefit of being able to be titled as collector vehicles which is cheap and avoids emissions testing.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, so the Breckenridge Brewery Meetup was exactly the kind of motivation I needed to get my a$$ out this weekend to buy an EB.

It was great meeting everyone, Zilla, Kinder, Coby, etc.etc. and I hope to see everyone again soon.

Thanks for all the advice too gang...

Off to check out a '70 Saturday morning.

MW

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mike I am glad you had a good time. I was going to stay for an hour and ended up staying 4! This is a fun group of guys and Breckenridge was awesome. Good luck in your Bronco search. Zilla posted one in Billie's thread that looks nice. Let us know how it goes this weekend.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]