[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 68 in Kremmling Colorado
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 68 in Kremmling Colorado 

Post 68 in Kremmling Colorado
New to the forum and EBs. I live in Kremmling, CO, between Granby and Steamboat. Just got this 68 the other day, which I found via Craigslist in Evergreen. Paid $3k even for it. Obviously it's rough, perhaps too rough for restoration? 289 was swapped to a 302 out of a newer tbird, three on the tree is now three on the floor. It runs very good. It's T shift with the 4L-2L-N-2H-4H pattern. 3.50 limited slip, sport package, seats are early Mustang. Also came with a Ramsey PTO winch and all parts except handle to engage it. I think I'll install, as it does have the PTO transfer case and throttle on the dash. Owner has original wheels and some other parts he's gathering up for me. I've had numerous old fords and a 96 Bronco, and a K5, but never an EB. It's pretty beat up, but still a great little 4x4. First thing I plan to do is put a 2.5-3.5" lift and some decent tires under it 30 or 31". I won't cut it, but I'm debating on whether to take on doing the body work right, or just keep the patina and perhaps cut out the rot and weld in some patches, replace the rockers with square tube, etc... The worst of it is the rockers, some rust where rear quarters meet rockers, front quarters are all beat up, floors are still solid but driver's side is pretty rusty, tail gait is rusted out at bottom, and not original, otherwise paint is original. What would you do with it?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 68 in Kremmling Colorado
Helloooooooo Kremmling - beautiful part of Colorado !

Looks like you got yourself a great start to your new addiction.

Welcoming aboard !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Yes, there are several EBs in town, lot of 4x4s of all sorts, few crawlers.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I haven't been to your area yet but hope to soon. Looks like a great Bronco. If you get me your address, I will get ya some sighting cards to let your neighbors know about the club. Welcome and thanks for the intro and pics.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Here's some more pics:

Love the period chrome roof rack. Was this part of the sport package, an option, or just an old aftermarket item? I don't see these much in pics.

Gun racks classic too!

After looking at other pics of projects mine's not so bad as it looks, I don't have much rust in the nooks and crannies, mostly just where it's obvious

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:17 pm

We do have a crawler trail nearby. Here's a trail description:
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=272

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Regarding the color, it's code U. One online VIN decoder calls it Med. Green. Almost everywhere else it seems to be Lunar Green. It's a little greener than turquoise. Googling pictures I get conflicting colors. Do you all understand this to be lunar green?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to CCB, I lived in Kremtucky for several years, worked in somewhat county for many years and decided it was too cold for me after ten years or so. My friend has an EB lives in spring creek, he has the black 72? If ya see him stop by and make fun of his because yours has a cooler color. laughing2

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:31 pm

yep, I've seen that one. Live in Kremtucky too. Opened a carving / woodworking shop on the town square this summer. Lived here several years, and lived in Summit for 4.
Just started looking at what's available for fixing 'em up and can see I'll be spending a lot of money over the next year on this thing, no excuse other than money, for not restoring it at least with straight rust free panels and fresh paint.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good hunting in that area! those classic gun racks could come in handy! Nice rig and welcome!

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another uncut bronco! Soon you guys will out number those of us with chopped up rigs!

Welcome to the club. I have spent a great deal of time in your part of the state, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking.... Look forward to meeting you sometime.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]