[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New Colorado Springs Guy
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New Colorado Springs Guy 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New Colorado Springs Guy

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:43 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow!! That lift and tires made a beautiful Bronco a SWEET Bronco! Nice work.... Welcome to the club! Now lets get her dirty!! :beer:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the roll cage, 1" body lift, new steering shaft, and new seatbelts installed. Also got the dual shock mounts welded on with a big thanks to Corey for helping me out with them! And a few interior pictures as promised earlier.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks so sharp!!!

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks awesome! What cage is that?

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Super clean!

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great looking rig

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys!

Broncoguy, its actually a Toms Bronco Parts kit that a guy named Chris from Hefty Fabworks in Colorado Springs welded up. He thought there could be some quality modifications to it, so he used his artistic imagination to improve on the stock kit to make it what it is as seen. He did a GREAT job on it, couldnt be happier!

And here are a few pictures from the broncos maiden voyage out 4wheeling!

and the dogs are super pooped from running in front of the car for a few miles....

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a blast on Mt. Baldy!!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya! thats nice....

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pictures - that looks like my kind of trail. Looks like a great time.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So my dad and I recently did our yearly fall color run/camping trip (this was the 2nd annual). Had a great time up near Buena Vista CO off of road 162 near Princeton Hot Springs and St. Elmo. Talk about a gorgeous area! It was awesome. While up in the area, we camped at the Princeton Campground (there are also three other established campgrounds, Cascade, Chalk Lake, and Iron City but Cascade and Chalk Lake closed at the end of August and we didn't know about Iron City until after we passed it while driving in the area. They are all very nice established camp sites!). We did Hancock Pass. It was a great drive and had gorgeous landscape. The trail was a little tough in spots, but not bad overall (although there were A LOT of quads and whatever the 4-wheel go cart things are called that are all over the place now). The trail will take you from near St. Elmo up to Hancock Pass and then to an old (late 1800s) historically restored train station and collapsed tunnel. The run took us a good chunk of the day with a lot of stops, pictures, hanging out, lunch, etc...we took our time and enjoyed the drive.

I also go my twin stick shifter installed finally, and I have to say, it has to be one of the most satisfying upgrades I have made to date! Getting rid of the J-Shifter that was in there makes it 1000% easier to get in and out of 4HI and 4LO. Thanks Corey for the help getting it in and modifying the sift rails to work!

All in all, the bronco did great on the 100 mile trip out and back, no issues (except my dimmer switch went bad on the way out, so needed to make sure I was home or off the road by dark, haha). Plus, I got around 16 miles per gallon on the trip! That is almost as good as my 4runner! And again, going in and out of 4WD made me giggle because it was so easy compared to trying to use the old J-Shift...

Lastly, if you haven't heard of EddyLine brewery, look it up next time you are in the BV area. They have great food and really great beer! They have two locations in town, one is a tap house and one is a restaurant. Both are great, check them out.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pics, I was wondering if the aspens were changing yet. So glad you didn't sell your bronco, one of my favs.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Excuse me, but do I spy the right front tire off the ground in the one pic ?

Totally awesome pics !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you for sharing your pictures...Beautiful!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keep sharing, these are great! If we do a calendar this year you've got some good candidates!

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice Bronco! Please never cut the quarters!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I agree on the quarters, I was crazy wild about cutting mine in 1978...like couldn't sleep over getting it done. If/when I get another it will be uncut! Peter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kinder, the aspens had just started turning. They were really nice. We were actually up in BV two weekends in a few (one for a wedding and one for the Bronco trip) and in Breck last weekend, so we got to see the progression over the last three weeks. It was awesome!

Rox, yes you do! The pictures really doesnt do the hill justice. The front wheel is actually about 3ft off the ground if you take into account the giant rut under it!

75dlydrvr, thanks!

Jesus, great picture! We really enjoyed the drive up there. A little chilly and windy, but still great!

Justin, thanks!

Geologist, dont worry, I wont!

Peter, I know I would quickly regret cutting them if I ever did. The goal is to convince the wife to let me have two....haha, but I dont know if that will ever happen!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hear you. My wife barely tolerated me while I nursed my 25 year restoration along. Now I think she is happy with it, but how will I hide the next one? Are you bringing it up on Sunday? Peter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, a second and/or third bronco would be awesome! I'm still hoping to procure that stocker someday that is in very nice condition. Actually, a LUBr just like yours would be perfect! Something my wife would feel comfortable driving, but that likely means Automatic and one reason I want a stocker is that three-on-the-tree!

Then I need one to pop a sweet diesel into for my DD. Then there's always work/mods to be done on the crawler. What's the lotto up to these days?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Saw you off academy today.. You have a sweet truck!

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

great looking LUBER

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Recent work done includes power steering (New Wild Horses kit), steering wheel (Toms), seats (ProCar Elites), center console (Tuffy), and a front disc brake conversion with hydroboost. Searched for a 76-79 F150 front end for a while and finally got it. Used the knuckles, spindles, rotors, and brake caliper mounts off of it. Also, since the front end was apart, did new dif cover gasket, inner axle seals, ball joints, u joints, spindle bearings, and wheel bearings. Did a Thunderbird caliper conversion using the brake lines from BCBroncos. Hydroboost was out of a '99 Astro Van (and it was a reman, so in good shape) and a new master cylinder for a '93 Astro Van. I used a conversion plate made by LoCoFoMoCo Racing that worked great, looks factory. The brakes need a little adjusting but man are they strong! This is a differenent vehicle with the power brakes, steering, and new seats!

And my other ride...haha

Thu May 21, 2015 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those are some great upgrades. PS, PB, then hydroboost, disks are all on my "best upgrade" list. I can't imagine going from non-power drums to h-boost disks all at once.

I have the Tbird calipers & BC hoses, watch to see if the hoses rub on the tire. Mine were rubbing & wore through the plastic covering before I noticed. But I"m running a very different set up, so that might not be a problem for you.

Thu May 21, 2015 12:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunni,

Yes, it was quite the change going from non power drums to hydroboos disc, haha. It about put us through the windshield when we first tried them. They have all been amazing upgrades, Loving it!

And thanks for the note on the hoses, ill keep an eye on them to make sure nothing is going on.

Fri May 29, 2015 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2