[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Our 68
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Our 68 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Our 68
I accidently bought this 68 a few years ago on eBay. My son is 15, so I thought it would be a nice project for us to work on together. The goal will be to have it done by October, when he gets his license. Just got started on it the last two Saturdays. Making him and his younger brother(12) do most of the work with hand tools, no air wrenches, torch etc. They both seem to be really getting into it. Plans are to change out the dana30 for a 44, 3.5" lift, 2" body, 35" tires, rebuild the 289 into ??, NV3550, power steer, disc brakes, new wiring harness. Wasn't planning on going all the way to the frame, but after looking at things after we got the running gear out, we will probablu go down to the frame. I will post up the progress.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Our 68
OK, I gotta hear more about how you accidentally bought it. Very cool that you're working on it with your kids. My son loves to help work on the truck. He isn't as helpful as yours, but he's only 3 1/2, so I cut him some slack. shrug

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a nice place to work on your Bronco - have room for mine? That is great father son project and sure that it will be a great bonding experience and teach them valuable skills. I am really happy you found the club. Setting a goal to have that done by October is a great way to get it completed. Going to be a fun summer for your family. Keep the updates and pics coming.

I would like to hear the 'accidentally' bought a Bronco story as well - may help get me outta jail with my wife sometime.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a father - Son project bronco with my 14 yr old right now as well. I have been working with my 16 yr old on his 66 mustang for the last 2 years. I love the time spent with them. Time spent in the garage is generally not inturpted by TV, phones and firends (girls on the other hand do seem to take priority) so the lessons learned are not just about cars, tools and work, but more about life and dealing with difficulty. My boys dirrect their projects and pay their share including the origianl purchase of the car, this way they learn the value of a buck as well. I do not work on their cars unless they are there with me turning wrenches as well.

Great idea, have fun with it, I have been.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can't believe it has been almost a year since we started this project. I thought I would post up a pic of our progress to date. Hoping to have in done in the next 60 days or so.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Love the color. That thing is nice. What did you ending up going with compared with the plan above?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow. That looks great. I love the color.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What a transformation! Sorry to sound redundant but love the color.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My son picked the color, it is voodoo blue and is the same blue that is on the 2009 Toyota FJ's. We have stayed pretty much to the original plan. Rebuilt the original 289 to a stroked 331, edlebrock heads and intake, about 9:1 compression. Just ordered shorty headers from WH. New NV3550, rebuilt the dana 20. Swapped out the dana 30 for a 44. Rebuilt rear ends with new r&p 5.13:1 with lockers. New discs on all 4 corners. Went with a Duff 3 1/2" setup. Converted to power steering. Dropped the radius arms to improve castor.
Decided to do the painting ourselves. Had the body soda blasted down to the original metal. Found some old bondo from previous damage.
Still a lot of work to do, but for the most part this has been a bolt together project. Needless to say , WH and Bronco Graveyard have been loving me.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great transformation, my future has a father & son project, thanks for the inspiration.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would echo what's been said above. That's some nice work! Looks like it's taking a little longer than you had hoped, but that seems to always be the case. What a great rig to build and a great way to spend time with your son. And what a heck of a cool rig for your son to drive!!

J.D.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]