[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A quick update. I have been working furiously on a number of big projects. As Bronco creep would have it- it is always easier to do the next thing while stuff is torn apart.

I (use that term loosely as I have gotten a lot of great help from CCB members and buddies) have done:
- new front bushings
- painted yellow and reinstalled front springs
- re design and cut/painted dash
- rewire using American Autowire harness (dash is done)
- removed 302 and started install of 351W
- made custom rear interior panels for speakers
- installed custom front speakers
- cleaned engine bay and finished raptor liner in the bay
- cut and installed new firewall and cowl insulation
- rebuilt and upgraded heater

What is left:
- finish 351W install
- finish engine and front electrical wiring
- wire rear lights
- pray to God everything works
- go to Moab

ImageImageImageImageImage

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you put anything inside the kick panel speaker boxes? Interested in the sound quality, I'm sure Willem would like to copy your setup if it works out.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yah- used the firewall insulation stuff. The outside is also raptor lined so it should also act as some sound proofing. You'll probably be the first to hear it!

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Your cruising right along great job!

Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Updated progress:

Over the weekend, I've gotten all stereo wires ran, loomed, and ready to plug into the amp and head unit. Not that the stereo was a priority but it was something I could work on, on my own.

With that said, Kirk has been the lead on my engine build this week. We've got a schedule to have it ready by the end of the week (I am hoping). We have test fit everything to the engine and have some things final tight. Kirk did some ghetto engineering to my exhaust so it will work until I invest in a more permanent solution. He drilled and tapped a bolt hole to the block for the clutch linkage. I re-jet the carb and installed that, the water pump, test fit the radiator and shroud. We have come up with a solution to lower the radiator and be able to use the shroud with my 2" BL.

Ready to start bolting things on and run engine bay and front clip wiring.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That dash is looking good!

351W is not too shabby either. icon biggin

Nice work!

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ghetto engineering huh, I prefer redneck fab, lol.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like it's coming together! Nice!

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Almost looking like a Bronco again. Wiring harness is 99% done. Have a couple little things that aren't working: tach, heater, and stereo wiring is acting funky.

Couple of minor things to work out (I hope)! The biggest one is I'm having some issues with the clutch engaging gear. It's just barely off and thinking I may need to bend the header a tad to give it a little more travel. Other than that, I should be very close to having it ready for Moab. Nothing like getting it done last minute...

ImageImage

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work. I didn't take on as much as you, but have also managed to overbook my time before Moab. March killed me, I worked 7 days/week and didn't get anything done on the Bronco. April has been "All Bronco, all the time." See you in a week.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

With the help of Kirk, we designed my tire, gas can, and cooler rack. Image

Kirk did all of the welding and fabrication. I took it and cleaned up the edges and some welds and painted. I was also able to find a license plate holder with light for $10 at a trailer dealership.

We designed the cooler rack to be easily removable as I won't be running with that on very frequently.

This is how it will look most of the time.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love the trailer hitch design.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great dude, I need to redo mine before it falls off...

Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, that looks like a good days work! I like the option of removing the cooler rack! Just make sure the assembly doesn't bounce a lot as I've seen hinges snap in half from metal fatigue. Thankfully not on the highway, but can you imagine your spare tire assembly bouncing down i-25?? I ended up with some delrin plastic below my arm to support the weight when closed.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Went over to Digger's place today to take a look at his rig and talk over a plan for mine moving forward. I have a ZF5 awaiting travel to CO with Viperwolf1, a complete D44 with ARB and 4.56 gears awaiting install, lars bars in the process of being built, and hopefully a soon to be built big bearing 9".

My next decision is going to be which transfer case to run-- the T Shift D20 that is on my rig (which would require a spendy adaptor), or NP205. Digger and I figured out at crawl speed, the D20 would give me about a 75:1 ratio with the ZF5, whereas the 205 would be 60:1. Seems a little negligible for the type of crawling I plan to do.

So my plan is to build the 9" this summer. Probably towards the end of fall, I will try to install all of these components at once.

On the way home, stopped for a quick photo op. I have now put a little over 100 miles on the engine since rebuilding it again. All vital signs seem to remain strong!

ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Just about 5-10 minutes from me. That place is cool. I've never stopped in there.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Jealous now. I've been wanting to take the Bronco down there when it's running.

BTW - I mucked up the crawl ratios, the ZF5 1st gear is 5.72, not 6.72. So the 205 would be 51:1 and the D20 would be 64:1.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I ran my NP435 & J-stick D20 first with 4.10s & then 3.50s. Similar crawl ratios 64 vs 55. I didn't miss the extra gears, much. Stick in the cheap 205. If you ever want to get more serious, you can bolt on an Atlas, and make a big difference.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As you said, it'll depend on the kind of wheeling you want to do. If you're doing mild to moderate trails, the 60:1 will be fine. I've got 68:1 and have definitely had times I would have liked more gear, even on moderate trails. I've got half a set of 3.15 t-case gears sitting on the shelf. it'll be one of my next projects and will give me a low of 96:1 since I swapped to 4:56 in the diffs. That said, selling a 205 is easy if you ever decide you want more gear.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

[quote="Digger"]Jealous now. I've been wanting to take the Bronco down there when it's running.

would be a great place for a group photo......

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Will the notch that you need to put in the ZF5 flange for the NP205 be a problem with any other transfer case?

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It shouldn't be as it's cut between two bolt holes on the pattern and doesn't extend into the case it self, just the flange.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was wondering if any of the others needed a seal surface there.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The seal wouldn't be a problem, the gasket will sit on the inner portion of the case were it meets the T case.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next