[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 73_Sport
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 73_Sport 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 73_Sport
Hey,

Name here is Chris, and my wife Amber and I live up in Idaho Springs. I'm 38, and work as a Mine Geologist at the Henderson Mine. Grew up out in Western Colorado, around GJ and Parachute. Been around EBs my whole life, dad had a 68, got it back when he worked as an alignment man at Tanner's in Colo Spgs back in the mid 70s. I had to leave CO in 1991, but always wanted to return, as I lived in LA, TN, GA, MO, then back to CO in 2012! I've had my EB since '89, and it was my driver until approximately 2004, when I had to take it off the road for rust repair. It was at this point it became a trail rig also...... Bought it stock out of WY, 302/C4/4.11s, only mod was rear flares and white spokes. I made a few changes along the way, and then made larger changes as I had it down for a couple years for rust repair (is it ever complete? haha) and trail rig transformation. Have followed EBs forever, EBML, EBR, etc, and as such, many of my mods are now sort of out-of-date/ year 2000 stuff (i.e. wristed arm, body lift, etc. but I like the extra room!) Here's a brief run down of what it has, and a pic from October that we took on Stony Pass that I had to borrow from the Calendar poll, sorry I still don't have a photobucket acct. yet! I go by 73_Sport on Classicbroncos, Pirate4x4, and ExpeditionPortal also......

Rig specs:

5.0L EFI (swapped in March '97...getting a little tired now)
C4- Hughes Kolene clutches and converter)
Old Klune V extreme underdrive with Marlin's 4.70 gearset
Dana 20 with BC's 300M output
setup driveshafts STILL (need to have some made!)
BB 9" rear with GM metric discs 4.56 Detroit, N case and daytona pinion support, Currie axles from way back
My old D44 front with knuckles rotated for 7 degrees caster, GM discs, 4.56s and Detroit, still don't have the front Yukons installed (have had 'em since '07!)
GM TRO with Redneck Ram box and ram, tweaked sag pump
Hydroboost (the old idea GM diesel car model with internal accumulator, had to swap in after talking with Toby Till about his GM 1 ton setup way back
Warn 8274 on a cut up, narrowed and shortened warn bumper, rear bumper is a "stealth" copy with D44 hub for pivot and spare outer axle end parts....had to build this one after talking to Clint Eddy and Brett Kinch about 'em
BC 4.5" coils
STILL have blocks in the rear, have to get that taken care of!
3" BL (should have went 2"....but am now used to the room)
Wristed arm, had to build this back when Coby's "Black Cloud" had one!
37" SSRs
Little stuff, 3G alt, York 210 with rollcage as the tank
Millions of little things left to do, tidy up wiring, interior work, etc, etc.....

Sorry to be so long winded, just wanted to make a proper intro, I haven't been able to make it to much this year, as my work schedule has got in the way a bit, but I stay up to date on threads and follow along anyhow! It's so great to part of a club such as this, you all really have a nice family feel to this, people are open to help one another, share ideas, and generally enjoy one another's company, and of course the EBs! I look forward to being a part of the group!

Cheers! :beer:
Chris and Amber Hogan

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 73_Sport
Welcome Chris and Amber !

You have certainly done a lot of nice upgrades to your rig.

Hope to meet you soon.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome, sounds like a great rig, I run up and around Idaho Spgs fairly often so I'll have to try and stop by.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome, nice rig! The pic of your truck that got submitted for the calendar is currently the background on my computer at work. One of these days we need to do a breakfast or something up there.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice rig!

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, I know I have enjoyed and read/re-read each of your builds, always interesting to see how folks put one together! Kinder, can't believe how fast your 4BT setup was stretched and on the road!

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome back to CO. Nice truck. We should definitely do a breakfast up there when the weather turns and then head out for a trail run.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Re: 73_Sport
Is yours the Bronco always by the football field? I've wanted to stop in, I'm just up the road in Georgetown. See you soon. Peter

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah Peter, that's me, my little collection sort of fits there by the football field in town. I've seen your Bronc a time or two in Georgetown, and it's even nicer in person than the pictures show! drool Very nice work! We'll be certain to make it to up to Georgetown for Rox's ice get together.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

welcome to the site, i have seen your Bronco a time or two as well on my up I-70, hope to meet up soon

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you meet a few of us at our last swap meet? Cool looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, in fact the Swap Meet/Breakfast was the only thing I've been able to make it to all year, but I really enjoyed visiting with you about fab work/ full widths, etc!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome Chris and Amber! It's cool to hear the background stories behind these awesome rigs! Being involved in the Bronco community, you know the level of camaraderie to expect and I believe we set the bar just a bit higher putting words into actions!

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome! Glad to see ya finally on the site! Well hopefully I'll see you again soon at one of the meets or a wheelin' trip when I'm more caught up in finances! :)

Sent from my iPhone using

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]