[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Newbie to CCB
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Newbie to CCB 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Newbie to CCB
Hello all,

Just bought a 72.

I resurrected a 72 back in the early 80s, then bought a 74 and wheeled the crap out of it until I got into dirt bikes. Finally got back into one. Back then you would loose money building up a Bronco, today there is potential to increase value if done correctly. That is why I bought the 74, I figured up how much it would cost to build the 72 up then ran across the 74 that had good paint, 8k warn, 4:56 gears, 33x12.50s, and a sweet 289 w/302 heads. It would have cost me way more to build my 72 than to just buy the 74 so I did. I paid $3600 for that 74 in 83.

Anyway, I'm stoked to have another one. Plan to just drive this one for a few years before I decide how to build it.

The unfortunate part of my new acquisition is the oil pump froze on my drive home after I bought it last Monday shrug .

I'm going to pull the pan and take a look tomorrow at the damage.

Jeff

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Newbie to CCB
Congrats & welcome. Looks like the usual work is in order, nice price & I'm digging the blue dots in the tail lights. What kind of camper is that in the background?

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome!

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome swath, great to see you join up !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Last edited by Swath on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet, welcome. Get that thing fixed and bring it out to the next breakfast on 8/19!

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome and congrats on having good karma! Glad to know someone out there has it.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the club!! You'll be hard pressed to find a better bunch of folks, and near impossible to find 'em with an interest in EB's!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]