[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Not my rig but my project "Siamese Dream"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Not my rig but my project "Siamese Dream" 

Post Re: Not my rig but my project "Siamese Dream"
awesome!!! On day i'd like to build one like that.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Or a portable blind. Pow pow

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Not my rig but my project "Siamese Dream"
Built plan B today, plan A will have to wait until the Bronco fund has some money. I wanted it mounted just below the roofline so that if the Bronco makes it the trailer will also, but I wanted it up a bit to allow easy access to contents packed in the trailer. Of course RTTs were designed to be up a bit more and the accessories I'd like to add will require plan A below. I also offset it to the passenger side so I could pack long items on top of the rack if needed.

Plan A will be modeled after this build on expeditionportal.com.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

RTT worked out great on my recent scouting trip, it's a keeper.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Where is that "Like" button again!!!

And yeah - I am a bit green with envy

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow thats sweet!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You could make a little screened in gazebo under the tent by hanging net below it.

Glad it's working out out so well for you!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work Kirk-- very utilitarian!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:44 am

Love it! Been looking into little trailers to do just this.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's been a long time coming but I finally bolted a main tank into the trailer. I'll add a frame rail mounted pump and use the trailers existing aux line from the 7 pin plug to energize it and pump to BSD's new 23 gal tank. Now I just need to find a weather resistant quick disconnect fuel attachment for the trailer to bronco.

Phase 2 will be adding the other main tank to the front section of the trailer and repurposing my old 3 way valve to have 22 gallons on the trailer. That won't happen until I rebuild the poorly built frame section coming off the trailer to the bronco.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So many benefits to building a trailer like this!! I love it!

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Upgrading the front of the frame / hitch connection has been needed since I brought it home. I'll also be adding a platform to haul an ATV or gear.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471808937.802377.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A little progress made between soccer games, cardboard & Sharpie will keep me on track.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471826287.520839.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471826296.352677.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Goodbye crooked pipe, hello usable frame.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472342340.548546.jpg

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool, did you find a quick disc for your fuel line yet?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

On the list, esp with hunting season around the corner.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A little finishing welding today, added outboard plating to the frame splice and reinforcement tabs, also got the lunette installed. Next up is wiring, atv deck and fuel lines.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472435236.353874.jpg

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the progress!

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Deck framework is on, I'll add diagonal braces down to the frame from the sides so it doesn't buckle when loaded. I've also decided where to put the front jacks and luckily have enough frame sized steel to make it happen. Ran a little short on the expanded steel so I had to quilt one section together.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472931763.282425.jpg

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Should have made it big enough for another bronco . Looks great

Last edited by landshark on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spare time between soccer games is useful, but makes it hard to finish a project w/ a spare 1 hr here and there.

Anyway, the deck frame is fully welded to the trailer frame & the expanded steel is secured as well. Front jacks are on, just need to cap off the frame extensions, now I need to add the bracing for the edges of the deck.

The front to back balance is almost spot on, I'm moving the spare to the rear & adding a space for a generator & propane, that ought to put me back to neutral.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473039733.360474.jpg

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking good! Well done. You need a more utilitarian vehicle...

Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Waddaya figure that thing will weigh when it's loaded up ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It'll get weighed soon, I've tried to not overbuild the frame extension by using the same dimensional steel as the original frame, and for the deck I used what I thought would be adequate.

Frame Extension: 3x4 .120 wall 5.4 lbs/ft = 118 lbs

Deck Frame: 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 .120 wall 2.2 lbs/ft = 88 lbs

Flattened Expanded Steel: 20 lbs

Total: 226 lbs added

I'll do a loaded & unloaded weight.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Going to add any tie-down points? They could come in handy.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For sure, thinking some small'ish D rings on slides so they'll drop down out of the way when not in use. Maybe 4-8, so each corner and then a couple in the middle.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next