[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Project Downward Spiral
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Project Downward Spiral 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Project Downward Spiral
I used the Escape box and it fit perfectly in the center. I will say that I redid my dash so the heater controls aren’t in the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did the same as Eck. Got a cardboard template if you want it.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A sound deadening mat would be good to add if it's easier to install now. Sure would go a long way into making these old steeds more quite!

I really need to figure out a way to mount my computer better. Interested to see what you come up with.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be careful welding with that stock insulation in there. It will easily catch fire and so will the wiring. At the very least try to stuff some fiberglass welding blanket over it but that stuff likes to burn.

Can’t help with the computer location

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bronco Hut sold me an aluminum piece shaped to hold my EEC. I mounted my computer under the cowl at the top of the diagonal sloping part on on the passenger side. I just used screws to attach the panel, and the insulation kept everything nice and snug. Simple and effective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do you have a picture of this device?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't have to move anything for my escape box.....

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, been cranking on this as much as time will allow. Work has been nuts so I've been having to do things only on weekends. Got the cowl replaced finally!

My only concern right now is that the paint I got from Painter's Supply is a bit more orange than my existing paint. I will need to find a paint store that will help me match the paint better before I paint the exterior pieces. Anyone have a good paint store on the north end of Denver?

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great!!

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:35 am

Hey Adam,
The paint job looks great nice work!
Matching paint is tough are you able to roll the cab out in the sunlight vs. florescent garage light to see if the paint tone changes? I use Auto Paint Supply for my paint its a small locally owned store at 5911 Washington Street Denver Co 80216 (303-292-4833) both Ted and Emo are easy to talk to and will answer any questions you have, they really helped me out when I started out painting.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Adam,

Looks great! And from another color blind guy to another....as long as it looks good to us...we’ll never know and it is our word vs. theirs:)!

Well done!

Matt

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fine job!

Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Family pitched in on this for my birthday:

This is the Bestop seat so I'll have to make the rear bracket but it came with the front ones. Just have to drill a hole and weld a nut on the bottom of the bed and one hole in the wheel well (if I remember correctly, Tom's has a great video on the install).

This will be loads safer than the stock seat for my kids. Now I just have to try and see if I can pay Digger to help me make one of his cages versus buying the one from Tom's. :) Oh, and convince myself that it's ok to sell the stock Ginger rear seat that I have cause storing just to store it doesn't sound like a good idea when I apply rational thought.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 pm

That’s a nice looking rear seat, Happy Birthday !

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good Adam. Great birthday gift!

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yikes, almost a year since getting anything up here. Not sure if this is my birthday gift come 2 months early but came home from a business trip to this on the hood of my Bronco.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:39 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I too was born in 76 but my bronco is a 75 so it's the best of both worlds.

There is a way to use them but I'll probably just make them wall art.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can run any plates for the year of your bronco or other vehicle as long as the plate has the year stamped or printed on it. You have to carry the actual plates with you. You have to fill out a form and record it with the dmv or license place. It’s free to do so

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just got mine last week.
I renewed my collector plates which I now keep in the glove box with their registration.
There is a form on the state website you can download for "Date of Manufacture" plates and either sent back in via mail or take it to DMV, 1881 Pierce St., Lakewood, CO - there is no cost for the alternate registration and it only took about 20 minutes when I went in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's the form.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Been a while since I posted any progress pics. Been a busy summer and life keeps getting crazier. For journal purposes, in the past month, I quit my job and opened my own business with a business partner. Still doing the same thing I did before but hoping to make some money for myself instead of making other people rich (have been doing that for the past 12 years, helped build enough business that one owner sold the company for over $20 million and didn't share a dime).

Anyways, been working on the interior and the drivers side. Hoping to have the passenger side done by end of September and be driving it. Maybe if soccer schedules work out, I'll drive it to the Platte River Grill for the meetup!

Interior (all shot with a single stage paint):

Drivers side (base and clear that was made up to better match than the single stage):

After lots of sanding, base coat:

Then clear:

Using my LED shop light to throw some better light on it:

It's not perfect but I'm pretty happy with it. I've learned a ton and have a lot of respect for the guys who do this for a living.

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow Adam, that’s looking great!

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Man that’s Lookin GOOD!!! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next