[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Project Downward Spiral
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Project Downward Spiral 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Project Downward Spiral
Looks GREAT

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:25 am

Your paint job looks awesome Adam, very nicely done thumbs up

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 am

Adam, I’m very impressed... Dood, it looks GREAT!!

Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks very nice! Great job

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Been awhile since posting in this thread. Will start to updated as new suspension gets installed. Keeping it the same height, just trying to improve the ride.

But in other news, while out running errands today, had it start bucking at starving for fuel. It was hot and I thought maybe it was vapor locking or something since it was pretty warm. When I got home, I looked under and saw fluid on the drivers side of the front axle. Upon inspection, it looks like my fuel pump (mechanical that I replaced maybe a year or so ago) is toast. It did dump fuel in to the oil to the point fuel was coming out the oil pressure sender. Probably only drove 7 or 8 miles like this but it was enough that I can hear something. Hoping new oil will fix it but will need to decide if I just swap a new mechanical pump or block it and go with an external pump. Probably will take the lazy way out and buy a new mechanical pump with the hopes of getting me through (though that is what I thought the last time I bought one).

Not sure if Shawn was snooping around and touched it since he's been having issues with fuel delivery. :)

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I keep reading that the new mechanical fuel pumps are poor quality.

My goal when I get the 72 on the road is to keep it 'stock'. I want to run a mechanical fuel pump, but I don't want to end up with a crankcase full of gas.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, an oil change, a fuel pump, and a return line for the power steering pump (flexible hose cracked when I slid the pump forward to gain better access to the fuel pump, it was the original hose) later, I'm back in business.

Really need to advance the timing from 6-8 to around 10 degrees and clean/rebuild the carb. That's up next.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sometimes it's the little things. My old antenna that came on the Bronco when I bought it has always annoyed me. It was an auto parts store replacement and would flop all over. Picked up a stock replacement on CL awhile back. Finally got it installed.

Also adjusted the timing up to the recommended ~10-12 degrees BTDC. Still need to rebuild the carb. Maybe tomorrow. ImageImage

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Put a flag on that antenna and you’re ready for the sand dunes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, carb is rebuilt and running well now. I think this might be the first time since I've owned it that the choke has been properly adjusted.

Now on to the next project. Rear suspension showed up today so I started in. Who needs to actually drive their Bronco?

2 hours, 2 sawzall blades, a cutoff wheel, an impact, and a breaker bar with 2ft extension later, I have 5 of the 7 bolts off on one side. Letting the penetrating oil do its trick overnight now. Hoping to get the last bolt out tomorrow but we'll see if I need to go back to the cut off wheel again. ImageImage

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking great!

Can't wait to see it driving again.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lol. Not sure that's the inspiration people need from me. Could be the best I've got to offer, though.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, in typical fashion, the "simple" task of changing out the emergency brake lines went downward into a full brake job. Image

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Brakes in working order kinda important !

I always struggle getting all those pesky springs to cooperate during installation.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't really need to do the shoes but i figured i had it all apart so why not? Brakes were good before so hopefully they stay that way. With how many miles i drive this, it might be the last rear brake job i do on it.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

"So why not?" Is why my bronco spends more time being built than driven. That would have turned into an axle swap.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That feeling when you start loosing nuts/bolts that have been on there for 26+ years and they come off easily (like the radius arm nuts).

Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's just extra flex!

Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, after tearing the front end apart to put in new bushings and springs right before Super Cel then getting super sick, I'm going to try and get it done tomorrow.

If anyone wants to swing by to help keep the motivation up, even if it's just for a few minutes, feel free to message.

I've got to get the front end done including the track bar riserv plus a power steering pump, front brake line, and a rear wheel cylinder. Gonna be a long day I think.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks to @Eck for swinging by last night. Got the front brake lines done and the axle back in. Getting closer. Hoping to drive it to the meet up on Sunday!Image

Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 am

Looking good Adam thumbs up

Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After having my day yesterday get hijacked, I finally got everything back together after the lunch today. Just need to bleed the brakes and it should be good to go. Really happy with the angles of the track bar. Image

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nicely done. Those angles are really good!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that should drive nicely Adam!

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next