[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 75 Bronco Build
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 75 Bronco Build 

Post Re: 75 Bronco Build
Thanks everyone!
And yes I’m driving this on all trails that’s what I’ve been dreaming of for the past 2+ years while in the garage icon biggin

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks SOOOOO good with paint!!!

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

WOW! Looks great!

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:29 pm

My drivetrain parts arrived Friday and my buddy was able to finish up the axles and dropped them off on Sat, meanwhile I finished painting the hood which fought me every inch but overall I'm happy with it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I loved the blue on the top. What white did you go with? It doesn't look Wimbledon-y. Looks more refridgerator-y.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

LOL! Maybe it's the lighting...or whirlpool alabaster!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:58 am

Yes it GE refrigerator white LMAO,
I was on the fence for Wimbledon white, but there is something about "pure" white that just looks clean IMO so I painted it FP-154 OXFord white. I kind of went a little off the OEM look icon biggin icon biggin

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:00 pm

My "1-yr" build has somehow ran over by 2 years and I seriously thought I was at 2 years and somehow lost a year.
The Bronco was finally able to move under it own power yesterday. Big thanks to Viperwolf for taking my call and waking me through on how a twin stick transfer case works, and to mickphatmac for stopping by and showing me how to install a front windshield. For the most part it seems mechanically solid with some minor leaks and items to address so the good news is I have a month+ before SC to work out all the small issues.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes!!!!! Big congrats on that!!

Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Big milestone! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah Buddy!
WOOT WOOOOT!!!!

Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great Job! Can't wait to see it in person again

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:18 pm

when will it be at work so i can come look at it?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Thanks everyone I couldn’t have done it without CCB.
I’ll let you know Rob I still have a few items before it “street “ legal in the laws eyes lol

Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

foshizzle

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats! Looks great!

Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Looks fantastic!

Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks Great! Can't wait to see in person.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 am

A little update before SC-2020,

I've been driving the Bronco to work and so far its solid with a few minor repairs needed my biggest issue is the noise due to not having any windows on the top, landshark told me that it would be loud man he wasn't kidding!! the sound reflecting off the inside cab with no headliner is TOO MUCH. So i decided to install a rear plexiglass and that was a huge help, I though about buying some Dynamat for the roof but that was too costly and not a fan of having it exposed, so being a "frugal" person I bought some luan board and made the trip to Betty's world aka Joann's. the combination of the 2 makes the ride much nicer and you can actual talk at cruising speed. i still plan on changing the exhaust but that will have to wait as I'm running out of time.

Last week I completed a 2-day 250 mile shake down run hitting up MSV, Iron Clad, Pole Hill, Rock Creek, Bunce without any issue other than my left front speaker cutting in/out, and only getting about 8 MPG. With the Colorado pinstriping/rock chips out of the way I just need to fix the radio (Bad RCA jacks) dial in the suspension and maybe get a rear sway bar but for now it this will work for the BV trip.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

looking great..............reminds me................look me up in BV as I never mailed you the thing

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:54 am

Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A conversation at highway speeds?? That seems astronomical!! I may go the rugged radio route someday??

Bronco looks great in the dirt!! Wish I was around to watch it work! Hope y'all plan to share some cool videos!

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Way to go Man!!!
The thing looks Bitchin in the rocks!!!
What a great feeling, what a Terrific PayOff!!!

Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:44 pm

rode by work looking for it around 230. didnt see it. will try again.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:51 pm

I haven't been driving the Bronco to work, during the shake down run I tried using the KC lights during a night run and WOW the glare off a freshly painted white hood was so blinding the glare was unbelievable!! anyhow I've been making different styles of diffusers to help remedy the problem. Also been working on securing spare parts/oils and for mounting a Hi-Lift but couldn't find a suitable location that looked good so just ditched the idea and made a mount for a hydraulic jack .

Last edited by Strike2 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a far better arrangement than I have!

Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Since my last post I've been driving the bronco and making some minor adjustments knowing that before this years SC I wanted to repair a rear axle leak and completely change the exhaust to quiet the interior noise. In the meantime i was "squirreling" away some side job money for front axles, king bump stops, and a rear Antirock then for some unknown reason I started searching for some 17" rims/37" tires. I ended up buying some rims that needed some TLC for cheap, and then the quest for 37" tires which what do you know I found some and all the meanwhile the clock is ticking to SC 2021 and I'm focused on tires vs working on the upgrades plus I forgot about promising the wife we would have full doors this year so we don't freeze. Its now July and I decided made one more trail run with friends which was awesome and about 3 miles from the house the engine started to smoke come to find out the junkyard HB didn't like the 37" tires and started leaking over the headers so this just added another items to the list.

From July to 1 week before SC I'm scrambling to repair or replace the flowing items, HB, upgrade the steering box to a 3 turn, new exhaust, rear wheel bearing, rear antirock, paint doors, and added rear speakers if possible. It just about killed me but I was able to get it all done plus I found a spot to store 1 gallon of antifreeze.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Fast forward to us leaving SC heading back on 285 I only made the first little hill and the Bronco lost power and starting to overheat puking out 4 gallon of coolant!!. Danny a guy from Cali in his motor home pulling his bronco on 40's sorry no pic pulled over and gave me a hand cooling it down nd replenishing the coolant which I happen to carry 3 gallons of water plus the new holder for antifreeze thumbs up. While climbing hills I just didn't have any power and the transmission wasn't shifting correctly, but on the flats which were few it calmed down. I made it to Fairplay but it wasn't easy and I restocked on water and antifreeze to only make it to the top of red hill pass were it puked out all the coolant again and wouldn't start. Time to call in the tow trucks this was about 10am Readers Digest version finally made it to home around 1am after the tow truck dropped us off in Bailey ( that as far as he could take us that day) and had a buddy come get us with his trailer.

I finally got the motor pulled last week and looks like I lost a thrust bearing, on a good note I only have 3K on the motor and my 3 year warranty is up next month and motor guy is covering the repair. I'm not going to lie as the new broncos were passing me while I was broken down the thought of a new ride crossed my mind I feel I'm getting to old for this %^$#* I'll I want to do is ride banghead

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next