[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 75 Bronco Build
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 75 Bronco Build 

Post Re: 75 Bronco Build

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ahh, ok, so the spring is there to keep things from rattling? I was wondering if the spring was supposed to be on top to keep tension on the limiting strap.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Steve,
Let’s chat soon about your engine swap again. I’m contemplating switching to a 4R70W and I’m thinking you were going to keep the c4. If so, I have the engine harness with all of the transmission stuff removed. Depending on timeframe, maybe we can work something out.

Tim

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm just getting caught up on your build. I love all your custom fab work. That is one sweet looking rig!

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:52 am

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:11 am

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:16 am

Inner fender wheel wells are now completed and I wish that task on no one !

I used 14g aluminum for the front portion/hoops and 20 gauge galvannealed steel for the rears. The rear air vents are stainless steel and there will be a aluminum trim to finish it off along with cover plates if needed. The inner fenders are not air/water tight but will help keep the motor area from getting too dirty I hope. My plans are to keep the aluminum raw and paint the steel with rustoleum hammer black just like the frame.

Next steps are to mockup the motor components/wire harness (once I can find it lol)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's hard because you are meticulous!!! And it all looks amazing!!

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice, they look great! Now that you’ve practiced on your bronco BSD is in need of some custom inner fenders as well, ha!

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:58 pm

My original thought of using a OEM Benz air box didn't work out with the inner fender wells as both side would not be somewhat symmetrical and that air box just didn't look at home in the engine bay. I could have just bought a aftermarket tube/cone filter and be done with it, but I had no plans for the past 3-weeks!

So being stubborn headed I rolled my own tubing and make a cold air box. My first design was to incorporate a "prefilter" for dusty conditions but then realized that I would be restricting too much air flow, so for now I'll be running a K&N oil filter for most of the time and have a Airaid dry filter with a pre-filter sock for dusty trails.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is some great work! I assume you are staying away from mud/deep water?

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 am

Dang its been 2 months since updates, nothing really ground breaking going on with the build I almost have all the engine/dash wiring dialed in, the sad part is it all has to all come back out in order to fully paint/weld the engine cage modifications. On a side note I wasn't happy with the 5-KC light and changed the design to 6 crazy . I'm not sure if the alternator will handle it but its "look" I've always liked.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Baja racer style!! are the KC incandescent? They now make some retro versions in LED...

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

you should be able to light up the night with those lights. Wiring is my arch nemesis! I completely rewired my Bronco, I almost gave up on it daily during that project.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Thanks Jesus_man
Yes they are incandescent, good point on the LED I'll have to check the cost. Also I checked the air box and I'm good for 30" so at 31" things will go really really bad

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:43 pm

I finally finished up the engine wiring along with finding a place to locate the 96 explorer trans-cooler and power steering cooler. I also decided to ditch the oem glove box and make my own in order to place all KC light relays. Then pulled everything back out so I could fully weld the engine cage and paint the block. Picking up some new motor mounts at Napa on the way home today and dropping it back in for the final time!!

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:11 am

will I see this parked next to mine soon?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Absolutely! I’ll be driving the wheels off this thing

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 pm

I finally removed the engine cage/parts and wiring in order to fully weld and paint the steel panels its a great feeling to install the engine cage for the final time using lock washer! The last couple of weeks have been crappy weather for HVLP painting so I worked on trimming the carpet padding and fitting the OEM rubber matting (I forgot to take pics). This Sat was my 1 day opportunity to finally paint the dash I had already primed and prepped the parts several weeks ago so they just needed base/clear. Another milestone installing the dash for the last time!!!!

Tue May 28, 2019 7:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dang that’s looking nice!!!!

Tue May 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Tue May 28, 2019 4:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I agree. Hospital white!

Tue May 28, 2019 4:48 pm

I installed the dash pad, glove box relays along with cleaning up the OEM vent tubing. I was getting ready to bolt the glove box plate and remembered that all the wiring needs to be routed in front of the passenger A pillar so now I need to remove everything again banghead

Wed May 29, 2019 2:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No!!!!!!

Wed May 29, 2019 4:08 pm

I hope the rest of the build isn't as difficult as the dash!
The original routing for the heater cable seemed to be too low under the computer box so going on top seemed the least binding, I'm sure I'll run into issues and have to take the dash out again at some point lol

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks really clean!!

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:30 am

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:30 pm

More progress on the build!

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next