[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gunni the ‘66 Bronco 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
I’m sure the horsepower rating doesn’t start with a Zero, but it sure drives like it does!

Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Slapped some park badges on the doors today and used it to get into the back country for a new trail I’m building. I think it’d make a great ranger truck.

Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pic !

You need a period correct rack though

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pic for next years calendar!

Sat May 26, 2018 12:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat May 26, 2018 6:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love this thing. I think the badges make it look even better.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That Looks awesome! Like the ranger in Cars 3. I keep waiting for that toy to be released...

Sat May 26, 2018 6:44 am

Super cool picture its very retro!

Sat May 26, 2018 7:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good

Sat May 26, 2018 9:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm so glad you have it back on the road, and are able to put time and energy into it. I couldn't be happier with the progress, and the future for this rig. It's great I get to see it get put back together. I so wish I could have kept it, it's such a special rig.

Sat May 26, 2018 10:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just curious, with the Bronco emblem broken, I'm wondering if you can tell if there are 5 locator pins or just 4? I read the Budd fenders had 4 holes for the emblem vs 5 holes on the later trucks. I never looked at that. If there are 5, it would go further to indicate a grill, hood, fender swap from a donor truck. We know the grill had been swapped to a sport grill when I acquired it, but the rest is sort of unknown.

Sat May 26, 2018 10:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
I’ll have to count the holes when I get near it, I’m out working on the new trail, beautiful day.

Sat May 26, 2018 10:54 am

Love the grandpa bronco

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat May 26, 2018 3:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat May 26, 2018 8:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes the grill had white over blue over orange. The fenders do have blue on them, it was visible when the grill was removed. The bulkhead (not original) also had blue on it. So it was painted blue after the new parts were added. I also don't know when the 4 hole fenders transitioned to the 5 hole fenders. Since this truck was built just as the early hoods were transitioning to the later hoods, the Budd fenders could have been running out as well. It was definitely built during the transition between Budd & Ford parts. Unless you find orange under everything, it will be hard to tell if they are original.

Sat May 26, 2018 8:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I rarely pull these tools out anymore, but the ‘66 needed a tuneup prior to running Boreas Pass.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I still use mine that my grandfather gave me along with the engine analyzer.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:07 am

get'r tuned up. she'll need all the help you can get.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just went through this nightmare too but I bought a timing light with a digital dwell meter if you need it. Makes working on the points a bit easier than reading the analog gauge.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunni was pressed into service at the park again today, had a medical call on a back country trail. It has a few new Colorado pinstripes now, it needed a paint job anyway.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thought I'd share this pic of the Budd company stamping cars in 1940. Pretty awesome press.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's really cool.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bet. That had to be crazy tonnage to press form pieces that thick.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A little upholstery score, original ‘66 covers for the rear seat.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Made from a space suit?

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:35 am

That's retro!,
I have to ask how did you find something like that?

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next