[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gunni the ‘66 Bronco 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Gunni the ‘66 Bronco

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can you call it work when I get to drive Gunni off trail while leading a volunteer trail crew?

Btw, the park 3/4 ton 4x4 tried to follow me and got stuck, too funny.

Thu May 30, 2019 2:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks right at home out there. thumbs up

Thu May 30, 2019 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Early Calendar Shot contender. It’ll be 11 shots of Chris’s Baja racer and this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu May 30, 2019 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pic!

Fri May 31, 2019 8:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a great picture. Looks like it could have been 1966 again and this was a shot for the Ford advertising. Hope you don't mind Kirk but I am using this for a desktop background.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice shot Kirk! Sure beats any scenery I have around these parts!

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats Bitchin'

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Declan animated the calendar pic, I think it turned out nice.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
Super excited to move Gunni closer to proper ‘66 status. I installed the correct 6 cylinder 3 speed HEF transmission over the last couple days. The ratios are: 3.41:1 first, 1.86:1 second, and 1:1 third. So a bit deeper 1st gear to help out the little 6 that could.

I’ve only moved it back & forth from the garage & drive way, but all the gears seem to be there. I need to tidy up a few things before I take it out for a spin around town.

1st on the list is the massive hole in the trans tunnel the PPO (Previous to the Previous Owner) cut to fit the NP435 into the truck. I’ve got a mix of original sheet metal & repo pieces to fix it.

Then onto sourcing the correct clips for the shift rods, currently held together with cheap spring clips. And then sort out the wiring for the turn signals.

The original column was completely gutted, no shift tabs or shift tube & wrong bearing. So I had to temporarily swap in a later column that had the necessary parts. I’ll scrounge or order up the shift tube & other repair parts to rebuild the original column.

And finally, a view I can get use to, grandpa level cool!

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

love, Love LOVE that little guy!!!
Cool horn button to boot!
... maybe you should think about getting an eyebrow grill next!?

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is really cool! My goal someday is to have a stocker like this and I do want the 3-on-the-tree! But perhaps a V8?!?!

Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Your 66 has so much character. I really like the outdoors pictures--wish I would have seen this thread much sooner. Anyways, it was great meeting you a couple weeks ago and taking the toploader off your hands. I have the front driveshaft pulled from the 67 if you still want it for Gunni--just let me know.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll look for my old rods & clips in the morning.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Dig it!

Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’m always looking for inspiration on what Gunni should look like in the end. This ‘66 has just about ticked all the boxes, minus the below the door stripe and bumperettes. The Color is correct for Gunni and the stance is spot on. I’ll likely never own a set of ‘66 hubcaps, but I could win the lottery, ha!

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is cool! That is a great look. Looks to have a small lift?

The pic makes it look like a toy!

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I still envision that truck all restored to original. Love the turquoise color.

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More inspiration:

Sold on BAT for $70k!!!

Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
Well, sad news, Gunni lost #1 cylinder. Willem ran it out west and said it was down on power when he got home. A quick compression check show 25 psi on #1 while all the others are over 100 psi.

I knew it would eventually happen so months ago I dropped off a motor from another ‘66 to the machine shop. It’s ready and waiting on the stand in the garage for assembly. The head was upgraded to hardened seats and modern valve seals (this era of motor used leaded gas and the valve seals were the “umbrella” style). The block was bored .40 over to clean it up and new pistons & rings sourced. Crank & rods were checked and new bearings to match. I’ve got a little hotter cam to drop in it so that’ll be fun.

I’ll clean up the engine bay before dropping the rebuilt motor in and might even throw a bit of paint at the bay.

Pics posted as I make progress.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:00 pm

I believe you win in the "preventive maintenance" area. nothing like have a fresh motor standing by thumbs up

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doesn't everyone have a spare motor sitting on a engine stand

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Never let them look under the workbench! I’ve got Willem’s old block hiding there with a growing collection of parts for a future build.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Things are finally happening, it’s been a real bear to get the final parts sourced. I hope the last of them get here this week and I’ll be ready to get Gunni back on the road.

There is a little of the original color poking through the black, I believe a little scotchbrite work is in order to let it out.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wish this would have popped up months ago, sure would have saved me a ton of time.

https://pueblo.craigslist.org/pts/d/ala ... 03450.html

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have some connections in that area if anyone needs a hand??

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a neighbor that is going there every week. He'd be more than happy to bring it back up here.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next