[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
HAH! I will be out in Delta in a couple of weeks -- those would be awesome! I will send you a PM with my contact info and I will call when we are out that way!

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I finally have something to post here. After taking a few months off, for work & remodel, I broke into the Bronco again. Unfortunately, this is to make a repair, not to add a cool new upgrade.

I pulled the driveshafts, twin sticks, exhaust, & speedo cable. Getting ready to pull the t-case & trans to get at my throwout bearing. At least that is what I'm hoping I'm after. I'm going to look at my clutch and flywheel while I'm in there. I don't think the clutch will need replaced. I bought my truck with a failing clutch, and it was my first repair. The clutch is a Centerforce Gold and has less than 25,000 miles. But those same 25,000 miles have ruined a t/o bearing, apparently. I actually have a clutch & thowout bearing in inventory so replacing it wouldn't be too painful.

Had to abandon the Bronco and go help set up hunting camp. 2 large canvas wall tents that will serve as home to various hoodlums and rednecks over the next few months.

Going back out to the garage to get back at it.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So much for the "just a throwout bearing" theory.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ouch, what do you think happened Chad? Some of the fingers missing?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All of the fingers have worn most the way through. Some of them are gone all together. Looks like the throwout bearing was machining through the fingers. The t/o bearing must have been bad (it does have side to side slop), and not spinning. Not sure if it was doing this while engaged or released. I never felt anything wierd, until a few weeks ago I felt a weird click in my clutch pedal. Ever since, when I depress the clutch pedal, it would vibrate or pulse.

I hope it was just a bad throwout bearing slowly working through the pressure plate fingers. I can't use the factory clutch settings and get a decent pedal. So I just adjust it so I like how it feels. The last few years I felt that I had to keep adjusting the clutch more often than I should. It wasn't the clutch material, but the fingers that were wearing away.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fabbed up a custom mount for my CB antenna. Please note the high precision "hit it with a hammer" fabrication and signature "extra chunky" welding style.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin,

That looks pretty darn good. My mirror mount is the same way, bent in a vice with a hammer. Adds character to an already cool rig!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks! It wont be visible, so I wasnt too worried about it looking perfect.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

JB'd what was left of my driver side flare back on after ripping it off on a rock, good thing my rig isn't pretty.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up a resurfaced flywheel with brand new ring gear. My ring gear was in terrible shape. I'm surprised I wasn't having problems.

Need to figure how to get the pilot bushing out. Or just go borrow the right tool.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Going to try the "bread" method, sounds interesting.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finished up installing my nifty new CB antenna mount. Now to figure out where I put the mounting bracket for my Cobra 29 LTD....

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks cool man I like it Justin

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That cb antenna mount is great idea!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some good luck! Carquest had both sizes of pressure plate bolts in stock. Mr Gasket #911 (5/16")is what I bought. Now I can put it back together. I've been cleaning up & looming the EFI wiring, and OBA tube while the driveline was out. I also re-adjusted the fuel lines I gorilla adjusted when I did my EFI. So much nicer working without the tcase, trans, & cross member in the way. It was a real mess under there, its not much better now, but its tollerable. Also wrapped some heat/abrasion resistant stuff (stolen from my Explorer & F250 motors)around the fuel & brake lines in vulnerable spots. Not real pretty, I admit.

Also here is a cool product I bought years ago, but only recently installed. Its an aluminium "cooler" that clamps around the oil filter. It never fit with a mechanical fuel pump. I bought it from Pelican Parts (Porsche parts), it made a signifcant difference in my 911 oil temps (but it is pumping all 14qts/min through the filter), so I figured it couldn't hurt to put one on the Bronco. I went looking for them on Pelican's web site & it looks like they don't sell them anymore.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lost some weight and made the mini interior feel a little bigger...

Still have to finish install, install the passenger side and paint them.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great!

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Towed my neighbor's Windstar up the hill so he could roll it down the street, up the driveway, and in to the clearing on the side of his house. And I don't even live in the ghetto.

Parts run to Valentino's to drop off a windshield. Ask him how he broke his.

Short little cruise down to Manitou Springs and downtown. Hippies might have poor taste in music, clothes, and bathing habits but based on the numbers of thumbs up I got from dread locked, tie dyed, "occupiers", I'd say they have decent taste in vehicles.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The last few days have been pretty productive.

Friday, I met 76DBE's MIL and handed off a bunch of my parts, to take to the Springs. I kinda cringed when I loaded 2 rear leafsprings, 2 front coil springs, and a set of stock exhaust manifolds into the trunk of a Toyota. I watched the rear end drop a couple inches. I bet her gas mileage was better going back to Delta!

Saturday I finally got back to work on my truck. I took a little time to polish up the clutch fork and throw out bearing pivot points. Installed the new pressure plate bolts, and bellhousing.

Since I couldn't get my trans in by myself, I tore into my rear suspension. When I installed my f/w axles, I did not get the shock mounts in the right spots, and they were twisting and cracking the frame, I also blew one shock on Chinaman's last fall. I've been running 1 rear shock ever since, I think I've gotten used to it. I mounted the rear shocks forward of the axles (stock mounts), and I put the lower mount too close to the spring pack. Last night I cut off all four of my rear shock mounts, I also pulled my spring retainer plates & drilled out the center holes to fit my WH leafspring pin. I'm moving the axle forward 1" (back to stock), the new WH leafs are taller/flexier than my old ones ever were, and the driveshaft was too short with the new springs & the axle 1" back.

Today, I drilled out the rear axle spring perch, center holes, to fit the WH springs, and reinstalled my axle in the "stock" location. I need to make a new breather hose, it is too short for the new springs too. My friend came over and helped install the trans & tcase. So the heavy lifting is done. Still need to install the exhaust, driveshafts, shifter boots, secure some EFI loom to the firewall, and probably a few things I'm forgetting. I'm going to go to my friend's house some evening this week and weld the cracks in the frame, and the shock mounts back in. The shock mounts are probably very temporary, I think I'm going to upgrade to some long travel shocks and updated taller mounts. But it will be good to have 4 working shocks for hunting season. Also my wiring, brake, fuel, and OBA lines are all organized a little cleaner.

This is the first real project I've taken on in my garage since I left the body shop. I've got my 60gal/5hp air compressor rocking, and with the tools I accumulated working at the shop, man things really move a long quickly.

Also, today, 76MIL came back through and dropped me off a nice gas tank, and Explorer upper manifold, thanks to Zach and John.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I drove it for the first time in a few weeks.

Last night I got the driveshafts all greased and installed. Filled the tcase & trans, checked most the other fluids. Topped a few off.

This morning I did a quick once over, primed the fuel system, and fired it up.

The new clutch is MUCH lighter than the old Centerforce Gold that came out. I liked the heavy feel of the Centerforce. You could really feel it engage. I'm sure I'll get used to this one. I need to make a little adjustment and I think it will be set right.

Still a few odds and ends to get done. Reinstall rear shock mounts, longer rear breather hose, lube/check the front end, and tie up a little of the EFI loom in the engine compartment. I'm happy I spent some time cleaning up the wires & plumbing when I could.

After I fired it up, I used my Bronco's winch to help unload my 2nd delivery of Plymouth parts. Sweet!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After a crazy day yesterday, I am going to work on the 75DBE in between NFL games and NASCAR and install the exhaust manifolds that I received from Gunnibronco -- thanks Gunni. Also going to get a bolt into the bottom of the power steering, u-bolts on driveshafts, rear brakes completed, oil dipstick figured out and I think that is it for now. Next week I will try and do the front end c-bushings, etc.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can't really say I did much, but on Saturday I picked up a roof rack for it, it's not "mounted" yet, just a ratchet strap holding it on

ImageImageImage

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks really nice Corey! Going to try to keep it low profile like that or raise if off the top a little?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks JD! Low profile, I just have to figure out how I wanna mount it

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:56 am

Haven't done much but a bunch of welding. I did receive my hardware kit so I can start bolting it all back together with new hardware.

I did start my 79 Sunday. It was the first time it was started in a few months. I haven't drove it since February.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's actually a factory roof rack off of a 96-02 range rover aka. P38 range rover, ya I like how it fits

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Huh, nice find! That thing looks like it was made for it.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 89  Next