[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Lizzard Skin
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lizzard Skin 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Lizzard Skin
Is there an interest to make a mass purchase of this from the group and perhaps a tech day to coat as many as we can over a day in a specific tech day? I can get this from the local distributor at a discount in bulk. We would need to buy one spray gun and as much of the product as needed to coat whomever needs.

If there is an interest I will let him know to make an order so he will be ready to sell the product when we are ready. I would think a good time to do it would be either in the late fall before it is too cold, or early spring when it starts to warm up. This way were not down and out in the vehicles for the weekly activities.

I start school next week but will have weekends free until I find a part time job and would be willing to do this for anyone that would like to.

http://www.lizardskin.com/
Here is some information on the product.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lizzard Skin
I might be interested. I'd really like to get rid of (or cover up) the badly applied herculiner in my truck. Does bed liner need to be used over this or is it fairly durable? What kind of prices are we looking at?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin, I did not get a price yet, I can find out how much if if there is enough interest to buy in bulk because it may save a lot of money. This is what I see about the product on their website. I do not think it is going to need painted like a por chassis coat would for not having UV protectants. This stuff was designed for hot rods to stop noise intrusion and air intrusion into the car. I think it would make a good product to put down versus herculiner. But I have not used it myself on anything yet.

LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation

A premium spray-on thermal insulation product for all cars, trucks, street rods, customs or race cars ---wherever heat is a problem. LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation (CI) is an advanced, water-based composition of a high-grade acrylic binder with ceramic insulation particles to create a thermal barrier.

Heat entering the interior is reduced by 30°F or more, making for a cooler, more comfortable ride. For maximum thermal performance in your ride, encapsulate the entire interior and all appropriate exterior surfaces.
Benefits of LizardSkin CI:

* Class A fire-rated
* Environmentally friendly solution
* Provides non-combustible thermal insulation
* Eliminates cut and paste waste
* Able to withstand temperatures up to 500°F (260°C)
* Adheres to most any material
* Continuous protective moisture barrier
* One-part coating system
* Lightweight (around 0.1 lbs/ft2)
* No respirator needed; but dust mask/protective eyewear is recommended
* Easy spray-on application
* Can be easily apply to irregular surfaces and geometries
* Offers a protective, seamless membrane
* Fast clean up with soap and water
* No more excessive mat waste

One 2-gallon container of LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation will cover 45-50 sq. ft. at 0.040” (40 mils/1mm) thickness dry

Sound Control

LizardSkin® Sound Control Formula

LizardSkin Sound Control (SC) is a spray-applied automotive sound damping coating that is great for reducing exterior noises and enhancing sound systems. It is an advanced, water-based composition of a high-grade acrylic binder with sound-damping particles.

LizardSkin® SC is used by custom car, street rod, truck builders and anyone else who wants to reduce unwanted noise and/or enhance the sound of their high end audio systems. It is best applied by the SuperPro Application Kit to a clean and dry, rust-free surface.

For maximum acoustic performance in your ride, encapsulate the entire interior and all appropriate exterior surfaces.
Benefits of LizardSkin SC include:

* Dampen annoying rattles, vibrations and road noise
* Protects surface from starring and rust
* Quick and easy spray-on application
* Fast clean up with water and soap
* Environmentally friendly solution
* Enhance your stereo’s sound and performance
* Non-toxic, Class A Fire-rated
* Impressive damping to weight ratio
* Continuous protective moisture barrier

Since LizardSkin SC not only dampens noise, but also protects surfaces, it will help keep the integrity of your ride intact for years. The coating can withstand temperatures to 300°F (149°C.)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I talked to the folks at Lizard Skin a year ago or so and they told me that their product will not work well with petroleum based bed liners (i.e. Herculiner, Line-X, Rhino, etc.) because it will not bond correctly, will erode because it is a water based product and is not made to cover up or go under a bed liner. Keep that in mind when looking to buy this stuff. You can also do an alternative to it by using microbubbles that you might be able to shoot into another coating of what ever bed liner you are looking at.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/alterna ... 03610.html

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:37 am

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup, pretty much the same thing. I have read where guys have got those microbubbles & mixed them with a DIY bedliner and sprayed it in. You could do that with Durabak, Herculiner, Raptor liner, or any of the other home bed liner kits.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]