[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Bronco Build is gonna be longer now....
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bronco Build is gonna be longer now.... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Bronco Build is gonna be longer now....
Turbo surge (from what I undestand) sounds like a pressure cooker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evGFfuhUaRM

When did the sound happen, when you were hard on the throttle or when you let off or...?

I don't think I have ever seen an intercooler boot burp and re-seal. Generally they blow off and you get lots of black smoke from unburned fuel and lose power. But it might not hurt to tighten your boots down a little to see if they are the least bit lose.

J.D.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:31 am

Was into it pretty good. I went through all the intocooler tubes and snugged them up. Also found the boost line about apart. Didn't notice anything outta the norm. Tranny was running around 190 with max of 200.

I just did a fuel filter last week.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I use Racor fuel filters. I also extended my drain line so it doesn't pour down the side of the block. I'd like to talk to the designer who thought that was a good idea...

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 am

I stuck. A napa one in for now. Bought a motorcraft for it but need to find a factory lid. The napa is a one piece.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

oh, like there is no air in there to push thru the engine so all it's spinning freely and wildly in a vacuum...I see what you mean now.

I have a WW in mine. Thought I had surge, but I never did. Still have *that* issue, but I think it's related to the serpentine setup. Going after that next.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:25 am

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The new tow rig.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dang that's sharp. That the same V6 in the 'stangs? Drove a rental a while back. At first I wasn't inpressed, but my boss was the one driving. Then I got to drive and was in a bit of a hurry and WOW, I was also amazed! Be interesting to see what it does with a load.

J.D.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:18 pm

No the ecoboost is not in the mustangs yet. This is a twin turbo direct injected 3.5l v6. Crankin out 360+ hp and 420ftlb. Torque comes in around 1500-1700 and holds it till 5500. It will blow the tires off right off the line. He special ordered it with 4.10 gears. We'll see how well it tows his camper as soon as it gets to 1000 miles. Not recommended to tow before then. Might be running to cabelas in GJ next weekend for a quick highway trip.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

not the same motor as the stang, but its the same as the taurus SHO, and ya they run good, not much turbo lag either

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've put about 100,000 miles of my 99.5 superduty's 220,000 trouble free miles all with the same afe stage II cleaned every few thousand miles and the #1 thing I would recommend is an bypass oil filter. I've ran one since 2006 with amsoil on most changes and the oil doesn't even turn black for at least 5k miles.. Oil quality is concern on the huei injector, not a concern to a lot of people but one to me when a new set of injectors can make a few house payments.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i've had an afe3 on 4 diesels also and never had any problems . number no#1 is clean fuel and clean oil . i've always changed trans fluid at 15k on all my powerstrokes . problem your having is turbo surge , it happens when you have a 3" inlet and a 4" exhaust . ats sells a housing which will take care of the problem . what horsepower did you bump the motor . on of the best things i've ever done was a turbo bypass , it makes the computer see 22 psi so no backing down of fuel.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:37 pm

No tune or hp bump. Only seeing max of 18# think this winter im gonna do a wicked wheel.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:27 pm

So we spit shined the trucks up today for a few pics. Left to right is my B.I.L '03 f350 psd, My '02 f250 psd, and boogers '11 f150 ecoboost. So you have the ferd ftwentythousand, ferd fteenthousand, and ferd ftenthousand.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those are some cool pictures!

J.D.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2