[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Apple TV
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Apple TV 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Apple TV
I got an Apple TV over the weekend and love it! I had it hooked up to my Family Room TV (HDMI), secure wireless internet, my iTunes Library, NetFlix Streaming, YouTube, etc. in less than 30 minutes! So cool to be able to listen to all of my iTunes with the Family Room TV and speakers instead of my laptop! Watched The Walking Dead Season 1 on NetFlix Streaming on my Family Room TV instead of the iPad 2 or laptop. Cool to look at family pics on a bigger screen. Internet Radio is amazing - there is a channel for everything. So Cool for just $100.00.

Not sure how many people know about this little unit because all of the Apple talk is over the higher selling items. Just thought I would throw out there and share my experience.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Apple TV
Airplay is the best part. You can use an app like Handbrake to convert your DVD library to digital and add the video files to your iTunes library and then just stream everything. They're pretty awesome little devices, I may end up having to pick one up soon. They need to get support for Hulu added in though.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hadn't heard of Handbrake before now, but it looks like it is the best software for ripping DVD's. It is also free. Here are a couple articles I found:

http://www.macworld.com/article/157590/ ... brake.html

http://handbrake.fr/

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That macworld article is a good one. I tend to use the apple universal preset to keep the resolution and quality higher. If it's going on my phone i'll rip it on that preset to keep the file as small as possible.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've used handbrake extensively. The learning curve is a bit steep, but once you figure it out it works really well. The best advice I can give is to do a lot of reading in the online documentation. If you have specific questions, post them up and I'll do what I can.

If any of you have a spare computer sitting around (even old hardware works fine), you can get a free program called Boxee that is awesome. It'll do the same stuff that the Apple TV does, but isn't tied to any specific platform and can do some really cool stuff like streaming shows off of network web sites.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]