[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Which way to go with Ketchup??
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Which way to go with Ketchup?? 

To Cut or not to cut?
Cut the hell out of it? 38%  38%  [ 13 ]
Make a killer Luber? 59%  59%  [ 20 ]
Leave it on Blocks and eat bacon? 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 34

Which way to go with Ketchup?? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Which way to go with Ketchup??
Luber, Luber Luber!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Personally I prefer the cut and lifted look, but there are darn few of those original lubers left. I dont think I would chop it up. I vote for the killer luber idea. I am not all that big on the tire/wheel combo, but I do like the stance.

More pics of this rig here: http://www.buildabronco.com/gallery/silver/index.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That really is a tough question. I am getting new rear quarters so my cut Bronco will go back to a Lubr. I am planning to keep it a Lubr all the way through the reconstruction phase and see if it grows on me. Me and my wife prefer cut but going to give the Lubr a trial run for a couple months in my garage. I have 5.5" of Suspension Lift and new 33's so I can go either way. I am 90% sure my Bronco will be cut when it finally drives out of my garage.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How about a slight twist on this?

Get new quarters then french in a better matched and slightly raised "uncut" fender without putting on the huge flares.

I like the uncut look except that the back doesn't actually match the front.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you have one in as good of condition as that one looks, man, I hesitate real strongly at telling you to cut it. If anything, make it a LUBr. I have a problem with cutting when they are in A+ shape. Now if there is a lot of rust in and about it, then I would say to cut.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cut the h#!! out of it! lmao I do not like to uncut look regardless of rarity. It doesn't add enough value to the Bronco IF you ever sell it. I never plan to sell my bronco so I don't care about resale anyway. If your bronco is going to be more of a trail rig as it sounds then cutting leaves less metal to bend or protect! Hard to get as much stability for a trail rig at the height you are planning to go to with the tires tucked under the body that far too. I am all about function over form...especially in a trail rig. Just my .02!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:07 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I voted for you Zillacon.... Super cool luber all the way....

My thoughts...your fab skills and knowledge are amazing. Next we have your driving skills.... Can't wait for you to show us what an uncut do.

I look forward to you embarrassing me.... :) Actually can't wait for it...he he!

My 2 cents!

Matt

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

if mine wasn't so far i would weld in new quarters and crap can all the cutouts , like the lifted look uncut better .

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The last pic of the (red) Cali. Bronco looks really bitchin with the rockers choped off. I vote not to cut it, as long as it is solid.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Good to hear. I may swing by then. what kind of goodies do you have for it?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cut it if you want to. It's fun to see others uncut but not my own. Personally, I wouldn't listen to any "advice" on the subject. When it comes down to it you already know what you're going to do with it:) Do it and be done.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok , so I'm the "idot" here. I know from reading what a Luber is , but where did that word come from. I'm new around this site so I'm learning. My 73 has rear cuts and I would rather put it back to original.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dan - maybe you should cut it..................I just can't see you wheelin the heck out of it with it when it is a lubr

I voted lubr but now changing my mind

this has to be a really difficult for you

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If it's that clean, keep it all origional, buy a rust bucket and beat the hell out of it.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After seeing that beauty today, it's a tough call.... but now I say cut it! You already have mustard, now get some SALSA!!

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cut it... icon biggin

BRONCO207.jpg

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don't cut it, unless you want to see this grown man cry!! That looks like one heck of a nice sample and there are so few left!! If it's a trail rig you want, there are so many out there ready and waiting for you.

I cut my first bronco and was sorry afterwards, but justified it because there was so much rust, it wouldn't have survived much longer anyway.

I honestly like it exactly the way it is. In fact I keep my eyes peeled for a stocker like that for my small collection one day and that's exactly how I hope mine turns out.

J.D.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The results of the poll are crazy! I would have thought it would be the opposite result with cut with twice the votes. Wow. Will be interesting to see what you do to yours Zilla.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When I first got my bronco I didn't know much about the heritage, but since I have owned one now for, ummm, 10 years, I have come to respect the bronco's proud past. And while I didn't like the look of an uncut bronco at first, it's like a good dark beer, an acquired taste.

J.D.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:54 am

KILLER LUBER !!!!!!!!!! DON'T CUT icon biggin

I personally like the Silver uncut with larger wheels. Here I go about to get a slap but if you've seen one bronco with 15" aluminum wheels you've seen them all. It's time to change it up a bit.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All I can say is I love that green LUBr. icon biggin
Looks like I will be doing a 1-2 inch body lift on mine to clear the new motor without going to a new hood, plus the 3.5 inch lift now. Looking forward to getting the top off next summer.
It's just comes down to what you like and how you're going to use it. Nice when both those jive. I personally love the old school look, others wise just get a jeep. bangtard

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My thoughts are to cut the hell out of it if it is all rusted out and needs a massive amount of work just to retain its original integrity. I voted that way too but I do not know how much rust or modifications it already has. If it is a really clean rust free EB I would leave it in original condition. If it has very minimal rust and modifications then don't cut it up.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]