[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Bronco Karma and more - Your experiences...
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Bronco Karma and more - Your experiences... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Bronco Karma and more - Your experiences...
I know I'm the new guy but I have found that you guys are more than wiling to go out of your way to lend a hand, a tool, your knowledge and in some cases go above and beyond the call of duty to help in some way.

I have started this thread with my good karma experiences and maybe you guys will post up with yours!

Very recently I needed to pass emissions here in the great county of Denver and low and behold I failed the visual because of no smog pump. Without knowing or ever meeting me before - Keith (Plum Doctor) was nice enough to provide me with a smog pump so I could pass and get the Bronco Registered.

And just yesterday I posted up seeing if anyone had a scan tool for my later model bronco and within a few hours Dan (zillacon) and Bob (booger) both volunteered to lend theirs (thanks a ton guys!)

I'm overwhelmed with the great camaraderie that seems to populate this forum and hope to be able to help out where I can if needed.

What have your experiences been?

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Bronco Karma and more - Your experiences...
My thanks goes out to Frankcastle.I bought a bronco that was rolled and the whole back was messed up.Besides taking me many time to bronco hut and even to pueblo for parts he has taken the time to help me cut out the back and now were about to start welding.(well he is). Along with this he has been there to answer all my million of bronco question from tech to should i buy this, to even the bronco words like (bronco widow).He has even taught me to be cheap like him and get used parts,which has saved me allot of money.Not only this he has introduced me to allot of people like Don and this website.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Too many stories to list. I've got friends in the EB world whom I also deal with in the real world. If I have a problem, I tend to search out the guys from this site or CB.com to help solve them, and many times I have been able to take care of the problem on my own with the help of a few phone calls or swapped emails. Not all has been EB related either.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Like Sbolt I/we have far to many to list. Phil and Shawn helping when I was struggling to install the C4 back in my son's 66 mustang. Shawn helping far to many hours to re-wire the bronco. Justin lending his help and dog leash to us so we could limp home with a broken shackle from a 4wheeling and camping trip, loaned tools, parts for little or nothing....

It is the reason why whenever I can help in my very limmited ways, I am there for the group. It is a very good group of people, many of whom will go out of their way to help another - and I do not think it is limmited to just bronco brothers and sisters. These people will help another whenever that help is needed and deserved.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I came into this club a year ago with almost zero knowledge on car/trucks. A month into the club, I bought my 71. The truck stayed at 777mech's house for the first month while he, Viper and I worked on it. In that time we put disc brakes on, headers, bumpers, soft top, U-joints, some electrical stuff, gave it a general tune up and got it safe to drive. No way could I have ever done this myself. Since then I've posted up and bugged members like Zilla to keep it running.

I've also got to recognize members like akafrankcastle, kinder, and Rox for entertaining all my silly questions.

On the trails I've had rtreads, treads and Zenzone to spot me and get the Junk Yard Dog through.

Its been an amazing year!

Thanks!

Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm just about a year into this club too and I've seen nothing but good Karma being built. I think everyone here is trying to "out nice" everyone else, and its contagious. I've watched people giving parts, knowledge, time, shopspace, tools and parts delivery services away, without a second thought. Everyone here has a pay-it-forward attitude, and its truly a breath of fresh air. I find myself bragging about this group to my friends & family. Mostly because it is so rare now-a-days, but so prevalent from this group.

Remember, what goes around comes around. I've experienced that first hand from this club. I also have found that this club will give you back more than you give it. I don't get to attend the tech meetings or wrench sessions you guys have, but I wish I could.

Chad

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been with the club since it was started.

I have received hands on help with projects, great prices on used parts, free parts, loaned tools, really great advice...............but the best of all has been the new friendships with some really great guys !

All of this motivates me to try and help others in whatever little way I can.

Bronco Karma at it's finest !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Having joined the club just shy of a year now, I have had numerous experiences with my Bronco karma. I have had friends pull me off of trails and wait with my rig until I was driven 160 miles round trip the necessary parts to fix it.

I believe in pay it forward when you can but know that sometimes know that is not possible. Recently I had the opportunity to repay some of my debt by picking up some parts and delivering them to some of the members homes. I felt this was a small effort on my part and thought nothing of doing it. I guess it meant more to the parties involved than I thought. Tonight I was visited by Rox Crusher bearing $220 in BC Broncos poker chips. Rox, sorry for the confused look on my face, you caught me off guard. A big THANK YOU to Gunnibronco, jtsbronc and 68BRONC. I am still in disbelief. All I can think to say right now is WOW!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wish I could have been there.

Thanks Rox, for being the bag man.

Thanks for JTS & 68 being so generous. I know we all came out ahead in the deal.

Great club, great people.

Chad

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm not able to list all the folks that have helped me with my truck-it's a long list! I'll try anyway, though. Zilla, Viper, Hockeydad and his crew, Cascadejohnson, Zoso, 777mechanic, JGZ, shane, and crawlercreations come immediately to mind, but I know I'm missing folks. The amount of time, care and effort club members have put into helping me learn how to modify and maintain my rig with my own hands blows me away and I'm unable to express how much I've appreciated it. You all rock...

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If I thank all of the people that have helped, they would cue the music and wisk me off stage, but here are a few:

ZOSO - Showing me how to take apart front hubs, lending me specialized tools, helping with transmission install, Power Brake install, and bleeding brakes. Lots of hours of help, advice, texts, and encouragement. Even told me where the OIL or 710 goes in my motor without giving me too much sh!t :).

Zilla - Pressing Wheel Studs, breaking his press plate :(, and pressing Axle Bearings, hosting tech class, answering questions, etc.

Crawler Creations - Custom Tube Rear Tire Carrier that bolted to existing bumper - even holds my Hi-Lift, awesome!

777 - Slot Machine Mechanic hooked me up with Brian Cope of Cope Customs who painted my Bronco. One of the best hook-up ever. Period.

JGZ - Fiberglass Interior Panels for left and right, plus a custom interior tailgate panel. Not sure how Panels can be sexy, but damn!

Wild Horses - Taking the time to help a complete novice, having everything I have ordered in stock and on time, and CCB Discounts (Yehaw!). Cannot imagine building a Bronco before Wild Horses. Amazing to think you can buy every part, bolt, knob, screw for a Bronco, plus find it in their catalog or Web Site. Jim and Johnny always give such great customer service and extremely gracious Platte Meet N' Greet Prizes.

. . . and most importantly:

Viper - Final inspection before taking it on the road, Rebuilding my C4 to 2011 Technology - shifts like a Lexus :), trans install, checked my D20, install/remove drive lines, etc. It would take NASA to calculate the number of hours spent at my house smokin

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]