[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Plow on a 75'?
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Plow on a 75'? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Plow on a 75'?
Has anyone put a plow on their bronco? What tips and suggestions do you have?

I am looking to put a 6' plow on my 75 bronco.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Plow on a 75'?
Beef up the front end, that's a lot of weight hanging off it. There's a reason most plow trucks are 3/4 ton or bigger. Transmission takes a beating as well. Plowing is pretty hard on a vehicle, all that forward and back.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been wanting to do the same with mine so I can keep the drifts in my driveway cleared.

Booger is right, too much weight for our little rigs to be hauling around for extended periods of time.

Might check out one of the poly blade set ups and definitely don't go bigger than 6'.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the input guys!

The weight isn't an issue really. These old rancho coils can handle it for sure! Yes I am looking for a poly blade (or light duty blade). The reason I am looking to put a plow on this bronco is becuase an ATV wont cut it. It takes too long. I have an account with 5 MILES of 6' sidewalk to plow, in addition to the tight areas in 4 HOAs. Thats way too much for an ATV IMO. A bronco will move much more snow, much faster. And since I dont have $20K for a sweeper, its what I have to use.

I am aware of the potential wear on the rig. Please be note a lot of 3/4 ton trucks have 1/2 ton front ends, as they beef up the back only because thats where you load them. Every part of a bronco is replaceable... and heck that creates the opportunity to go bigger, right? maybe dana 60s next year.

I just thought I would ask if anyone has any info on what plows, ect.

Last edited by rtreads on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A friend who builds fences in the summer and snow removal in the winter buys Western and Boss brand plows.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry to raise suck a stink by asking to put a plow on a bronco??

The account has specfically said that ATV wont cut it. They cant clear enough snow fast enough. Not to mention sitting on an ATV that long at 3:00am in the cold and snow doesn't sound fun at all. A bronco would just motor down the sidewalk, with a single windrow pass and get it cleared. I was looking for poly to keep it light and less stress on the bronco.

what it really comes down to is if they have the money, and enough of it, they get to say what happens. So.... I am looking to put a plow on this bronco.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would think that as long as it is you doing the driving, and you take it easy, you should be ok. Now I would not recommend turning the 17 yr old lose on that route, but as the owner I would think you could go easy on the equipment.

Besides, I have seem your fab work, reinforcing the frame will be no big deal for you. are you planning on running the homer orange one or old blue?

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

...blue for sure! The orange one has way to much time and money invested. Though you would't be able to tell now with that back fire showing up from no where??

The blue one is not as decked out, has a smaller lift, smaller tires, not as complex to trouble shoot in the event of a breakdown, has rancho cinder-block springs to carry the weight, ect.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Like hockeydad said. You know what you need to do to keep it together. Post up how it holds up throughout the winter and a few action shots with the snow flying. I've seen em plowing the sidewalks here in Broomfield on a few occasions so no reason you won't be successful. Just keep a stockpile of front end parts on hand.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

[album]molley plowing[/album]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

66 Bronco (Molley) injected 418 stroker on juice, klune v ,4 speed atlas hi 9 35 spline air lockers front & rear, rcv axles. 37'' red krawlers. Four other sets of tires for ice racing and dirt drags. 290lbs of welding wire.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i have plowed with MOLLEY for few years .. i use the winch to lift , and manually angle blade.i did it this way to keep weight down ,i have 2 receiver hitches welded to top of bumber that i side plow mount into and 2 braces under frame that bottom braces attach to . i also cut blade down so it fits onto trailer .. happy plowing

66 Bronco (Molley) injected 418 stroker on juice, klune v ,4 speed atlas hi 9 35 spline air lockers front & rear, rcv axles. 37'' red krawlers. Four other sets of tires for ice racing and dirt drags. 290lbs of welding wire.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I have decited on a Snoway poly blade... Like for an S10. That should give me the size I need and not too much weight.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 am
How did the plowing go Ryan?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Rtreads..............I assume you are a plowin maniac this morning ?

are you gettin those actions shots Booger requested ?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Plow, Mr. Plow.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Plowing has gone great!! With the account we have we use it a lot! This last snow, we worked for just under 12 hours straight plowing nothing but the wide sidewalk. The pay from snow removal is like crack.... I will be using it EVERY year from now on! The plow has already paid for itself. I think we will be able to pay off the bronco this season too...

I didn't get many action shots, sorry.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been thinking of getting a go pro camera. This might be the perfect reason. It would be cool to get some action footage!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]