[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - welder question
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 welder question 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post welder question
Yesterday I bought me a Lincoln 140 and i have a bottle of 75% argon and 25% oxygen with it.I plan on welding the back half of my bronco on and a windshield frame.What size tip on the gun should i use and what size wire?I was also wondering if any one has a Lincoln instructional CD i can have?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by valentino on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: welder question
Congrats man - great choice. The CD is great to get ya started. I would guess it is on YouTube.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been watching a lot of stuff like this:

http://www.5min.com/Video/Learn-How-To-Weld-170918437
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvtNJnn ... re=related

Search around, it's out there.

I also found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsDxqb2p5OM

Might pick up the DVD, seems like it could be a good way to get started. I'll keep posting up as I find good resources.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm pretty sure I have the CD. I'll see if I can find it and get with you to send it. Best tip/wire diameter for light gauge is .025 with the gas. May have to change the liner to use .025 though.
Mark.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My Lincoln SP-140T doesn't require a liner change for .25 wire. Val, if 71 isn't able to get you his CD, I'll make a copy of mine for you. Just turned up today. fire fire

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thanks for the offer 71Broncman but i don't have a VHS.I have another question for you guys.I went and got some wire today and they said they don't carry .025 and i called other places and they said the same so i got .023.Now I have it set up for .025 the plate inside and the wheel.Can i use this set up or do i have to go buy and buy a plate and wheel?

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dunno, 25% oxygen could be pretty entertaining, as long as you're not too close...

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've had a couple of patients that refused to stop smoking while wearing oxygen. Couple of interesting mishaps. One of them had a line burned across his carpet where the part that goes in his nose caught fire and the tubing flashed all the way across the room to the tank. Coulda been really bad.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]