[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Denver Broncos had a good season
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Denver Broncos had a good season 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Denver Broncos had a good season
It was an unfortunate loss tonight, but for a young team with everything going for them. I know youll be even better next year! Keep on pushing guys!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Denver Broncos had a good season
Don't want to talk about it I am still healing.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sad ending but what a great season for a team that would never made it to the playoffs without Tebow. So excited for next year!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:19 pm

I have a feeling they are gonna change it all up for next year. Rumor is tebow might be gone. I say leave it the way it is. it will only get better.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OUCH!!! That was rough. I will still love them next year.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Once a Bronco fan, always a bronco fan. I vote too to leave it as is. Get the guys healthy and keep plugging away. Things will fall into place.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Put Tebow in at full back? He seems to run the ball quite well and isn't afraid of taking hits. Really, I think he has some developing to do and I think it will come. But the O-line for that last game was :worthless:. They let anyone and everyone thru. I am pretty sure I saw Betty White almost get a sack... I don't care if Elway was in that pocket, no QB is going to be of much help when the pocket collapses in seconds. The Pat's defense is ranked 31st, but Denver's line made them look like they were in the top 2! Protect the QB and allow him to do what he does best, or you've got nothing. Denver defeated themselves. And I feel like a broken record saying that since it's been the case for a long time!

LOL if you type wort-less without the dash, you get the worthless emiticon

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dont forget about Griese who had his best seasons after leaving Denver and Orton has passed for more than 300 yards since going to KC. Of all of the QBs since Elway (who was a sad QB as well, 2 in 18 years made him a hero) that I despise is cutler.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Big difference with any QB that had been or is in the organization, B.E. or A.E (before/after Elway), is that they were nothing special. Elway was a special athlete. He carried the team to 3 Super Bowls on his own. The only help he had in his first 3 was the defense. Offense, there was absolutely nothing there for him. If Elway doesn't drag the offense along, they don't go to a single Super Bowl until the 97 season. I also believe that Elway is the greatest QB to ever play the game. When he retired, he was the winningest QB in history, had thrown for the 2nd most yards in history, 3rd in TD passes, 2nd in game winning drives, had 14 of 16 seasons with a .500 or better record, 9 seasons with 10 or more wins, and on top of that, he was 1st in sacks against & 2nd in yards lost due to sacks. The last 2, the sacks is more impressive than you really think. Look at it this way, his offensive lines were, on average, so bad, that he got hammered and yet he still put up the numbers that he did. You put Elway in the 49er offense during that same time span and S.F. has 6+ titles, not 4. He didn't have the touch that Montana did, but as an overall, complete QB, he was the best there has ever been.

J.D., Sure, put Tebow in as a FB. he would be devastating and a dual threat on every play.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:17 pm

They announced today that going into training camp next year tebow is the starting qb.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Craig Morton was a better QB than Elway, he was the first QB to take 2 different teams to 2 different superbowls and the Broncos to their first, Plummer beat Elway's record of most complete passes in Denver without an interception. He also had our best chance at another superbowl championship (after Elway) Those two alone were VERY special athletes in the Bronco organization. Plummer got jacked by the organization as did several others After Elway. Elway lead (not carried) a great organization to many superbowls and won 2 of them with a team that wanted it just as bad as he did. The two superbowls he won and the 4 he lost all had great running backs and offensive lines. The winning teams had the BEST Defense in the league.

Add: dont forget about Gary Kubiak who filled in for Elway more than once, and still won games.

As for Tebow the most popular athlete in America. So glad to see someone doing something good for a community.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 58523.html

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Broncos did great!!!! They are so young and have a ton of potental on the offensive side! Thier Line is killer and deffence is huge is the same way tough! As far as Qbs, It has more to do with charismatic leadership, and determenation,then skill or tallent. Tebow has that!
Denver Qbs have a lot to live up too now, with Elway at the helm. My favorite has to be Elway duh, Craig Morton(because my bronco used to be his), Plummer, then Tebow if they dont run him off like plummer. No other Qb has shown leadership.
Give them a year and they could be fun and tough!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Morton was no where near Elway's class. Plummer & Kubiak were the #2 & 2a QBs in team history, doesn't matter which goes where. Morton was a distant 4th. I don't discount the fact that he got 2 teams to the SB, but he stepped into a Denver team in '77 that was headed to the championship game with or without him. The Orange Crush defense was flat out dominant and he was an average QB riding the coat tails of the rest of the team. Plummer had the "it" factor...to a degree. Elway had the "IT" factor. Tebow has the "IT" factor. The difference between Elway & Tebow is that Elway could throw a good ball, Tim can't...as of yet. I'm willing to give Tebow a chance to grow, hell, his winning percentage and some other statistical categories are much better than Elway's were at the same point in their careers, but if the throwing doesn't progress to a certain level, it won't go up. The guy is 25 years old and it won't change much. It would be like having Gretzky playing goalie instead of a forward, it just can't happen. Part of the problems that Elway had is that he didn't have a supporting cast on offense to help him. So yes, he did carry the offense. Honestly, can you say that Sammy Winder & Gerald Wilheit are in the same class as Terrell Davis? What about Clarence Kay to Shannon Sharpe. How about Ricky Nattiel, Mark Jackson & Vance Johnson? They comparable to Ed McCaffery & Rod Smith? Of the three amigos, only Vance had a snowball's chance to make the 97 SB team, and he would have been a #5 option behind TD, Eddy Mac, Rod & Shannon. If the Broncos were to take the 2nd SB winning team & play any of their losing SB teams, there would be no challenge, what so ever. The SB winning teams where just that, an entire team, not a single player. That's why Elway lost 3 SBs. The Giants, Redskins & 49ers neutralized Elway so that he was taken out of the game.

I always thought Kubiak was the smartest player to ever play in the NFL. He would have been a starting QB probably 75% of the teams during his time, but he chose to be in a good situation with Denver, wasn't beat up and look at him now. One of the best head coaches in the NFL in my opinion. I loved Kubiak.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Morton was loved by ALL Bronco fans. He was the icon of what that team evolved into. Maybe I am old but I remember how deep the passion was for the team back then. I would never categorize Elway with Morton. Even he doesn't put himself on a pedestal as so many others gave him more credit than he deserved or earned.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]