[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Wanting to drop frame need jackstands and quick hand...
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Wanting to drop frame need jackstands and quick hand... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Wanting to drop frame need jackstands and quick hand...
Looking to borrow 4 jackstands for about 2 weeks, they dont have to be super tall, just want to drop the frame away from the body so i can finish cleaning, sealing and putting the body lift on..

I have 6 stands right now.. but using all of them... I will need a hand to drop the frame and move the current stands under the body safely as well if someone doesn't mind swinging by.

the only thing on the frame is the engine.. can't pull it until i put the axles back under the frame... out of room.. everything else is ready to go, all body mounts are unbolted so the frame should be ready to fall away.

Sorry to keep asking for things on here.. hard to do some things by myself safely... anything this week will work as far as coming by to drop the frame, i would really appreciate it and of course would be willing to help out anytime needed...

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Wanting to drop frame need jackstands and quick hand...
If next Saturday or Sunday would work I could give a hand and I could lend you my 4 normal sized jack stands.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think that should work.. however i will be out on sat and part of sun but be back sunday morning. Can you do sunday late afternoon?

I should have most of the body and parts cleaned by then so should be good.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I may be available tomorrow evening and could bring a pair (just 2) of jackstands. Would that help?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

well i could put the front axle on the floor and use two of my stands... sure if you are around and able to help out for 20-30 min sometime tomorrow we could knock it out?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It'll depend on my work schedule. As long as my I don't have anything weird happen I could probably be there sometime in the late afternoon/early evening. I'll give you a shout when I'm done for the day and touch base either way.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sounds good thanks

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Afternoon or early evening most days this week I can help - most of my jack stands are in use but I think I have 2 available I can bring.

If it is going to be tonight let me know via PM and I will do my best to stop by - include your address in that PM

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

will do, i will PM you as soon as I know..

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have several pairs of jackstands and can come by today as well if thats whats going on. Send me a pm and let me know. I also have 2 car dolly's if those would help.

I could use some help swapping my hard tops over.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

it is looking like today, iam working with limited room so not sure how much leeway i would have for car dollys.. maybe i should just knock down the wall now and expand ;)

if you want to swing by feel free to do so.. i'm hoping it wont take long to drop the frame away from the body just need to drop it 6" or so in order to work in between it and the body.. looks like we have enough stands, hoping I can get the jack high enough to raise then lower the frame.. might have to pick up some wood or something to put under the jack...

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ya i have a pile of bricks too.. but might have to swing by HD today at lunch ;)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

they arent big if you were to lift the body up and roll the chassis out from underneath, these are the best things for that. I have 2 of them.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ya i wish.. i dont have enough room to move the frame any direction but up and down :(

single car 80 year old garage... i wish i did cause it would be awesome to have the room!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Meeting up at 5:30pm here, address is int he members section. You will have to park on the street and call or come to the garage in the alley with the white bronco in front.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks to Justin we got r done! now feel good about cleaning and prepping the frame and body for some protection!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had a great time, thanks again for dinner and great company!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thanks again dude!

and I posted up some pics in my build thread...

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You guys rock! Congrats on getting the frame dropped - it is much easier to work on.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]