[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - DeWalt 20 Volt
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 DeWalt 20 Volt 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post DeWalt 20 Volt
Anyone tried the new DeWalt 20-Volt Cordless tools? My 18V Drill has built 2 houses and a Bronco and is on its way out. I have 5 18V Batteries and none keep a decent charge. Looks like the switch to 20V requires all new batteries so my Skill Saw, Recip Saw, Flashlight, Vacuum, and chargers are all obsolete. So it looks like I need 18V Batteries or switch to the new 20V system. Looks like they make Skill Saw, Recip Saw, Flashlight, etc. in the 20 Volt. Any thoughts?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: DeWalt 20 Volt
Cool! I figure my DeWalt drill is about 10 years old as well. It is starting to smell and will likely need to be upgraded. If I get a new 18V drill with 2 new 18 V batteries, then I should be able to keep all my DeWalt tools. I think that is a great plan. I am going to hit Tool King in Lakewood off 6th Ave and see if they have a deal. Thanks Zilla!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not to mention the weight of the 20 versus the 18. If there is as big a jump as there was from the 12 to the 18, that is a lot more weight to be lugging around

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't know if there are any rechargeable battery buy back programs around here or not. If not, don't chuck those old 18V Dewalt paperweights. I'll take them off your hands and could throw a few bucks your way. We gut them and solder on an adapter to use with the military BA-5590 and BB-390 batteries.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Chad also look at murdochs over on 92nd and wads. They usually have 18v dewalt batteries cheap. A 2 pack for 119. They have more dewalt stuff than you can imagine.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mine is 12v, but I have a hard time getting the new batteries to last more than a year...

Was going to switch to Lithium, but that's good to know Zilla.

I bought mine used with two batteries. Those two batteries lasted me several years, but started to not hold a charge. So I got a new battery and I don't think it even lasted a year. Got another with the same story. They are just too darned expensive to last only a year. Especially since the original ones were obviously well used and still outlasted the new ones. Frustrating! What's on my Christmas list? A corded drill!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dewalt has a service center here in town. You may be able to have your drill reconditioned there and save a few bucks as well as pick up new batteries. It is on mississippi a few blocks west of santa fe. On the south side of the street.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know Zilla doesn't seem to like his Lithium batteries, but I've been happy with them. I bought an 18v Lithium Makita 3/8" drill & impact gun. I love them around the shop. I guess if I was away from my charger, it may be a pain when they shut down, but since I can only use one tool at a time I just rob the battery from the other tool and start charging the dead one. Plus it only takes 15 minutes to recharge a dead battery. Supposedly, Lithium doesn't develop a memory and loose battery life. I've been running mine for a year & they were a warranty refurb set, (have some other guy's initials on the batteries so I know they were used), super cheap.

I've got a Porter Cable 19.6V 1/2" drill & that thing is a heavy biotch. It packs some punch, but is you pay with weight.

Chad

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

chad save your batteries and send only 2 to cellone in Pennsylvania they rebuild them and let me tell you ,your drill will work much better than any dewalt battery . you won't need 5 anymore those 2 will keep you running .

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Just saw at the home depot on 52nd and wads they have a 2 pack of dewalt 18v for 99 bucks. Thats a steal!!!

I have 2 dewalt 18volts. One i bought in 01 the other in 03. I used them daily. in 09 I upgraded to a Rigid 18v lithium. I really like the lithium. Granted the battery cut off does suck I've grown used to it.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have had my Milwaukee 18 V for about 8 years and I have only replaced the batteries twice. I have installed thousands of staircases and did most of the drilling on my F100 with it. I actually used it a lot in the last couple of weeks. I only wish I could convert it to the later Lithium batteries but thats not possible. A little info I learned in my electrical classes was that several automotive manufacturers like Ford, Honda and others I can not remember are the companies operating under other names investing in these batteries to get more R&D in order to develop more battery powered systems like electric, hybrids and whatever else. Puts a big damper on the oil industry when they can make them work more efficiently.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have the impact and standard drill in the 20v and it s lighter than my 18v. Charges quicker and I'm pretty sure all the new batteries are lifetime warranty ... all my 18v batteries last about 1-2years. My old lipo suck too

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Found this on Craigslist, sounds like what 777 recommended above:

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/2782031437.html

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a good deal not over 50% of new for rebuild. I might have to send one in to get it rebuilt.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]