[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Needs some help identifying an old truck...
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Needs some help identifying an old truck... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Needs some help identifying an old truck...
This is a picture from 1969 of a friend and me out front of my house in Lodi, California. The car on the right is a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach I, which later became mine, and the truck on the left is a project of my dad, who passed away that same year. I would like to some day get a similar truck, which I think is a 1933-34 Ford???? This is the only picture I have. Any experts out there have another thought?
Thanks!!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:56 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Needs some help identifying an old truck...
What a cool picture I think Hockey has a very similar truck.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats a tough one without knowing what the front end looks like. I googled some images of late 20's to late 30's Ford chevy and dodge and none of them have the same rear fender or back section of the cab. Definitely not a Studebaker because they had smoother body lines. I am curious to what it is now.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 am
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If your looking for some really good info on that I would register with http://www.olskoolrodz.com/ and find out, these guys have been really good with info on those kinds of vehicles. I used to regular there but have been busy.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That truck is much older than mine. I have a 51 ford F-1. Tough call on exact year but I agree, I think it is a ford.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is the first response I got:

Steven,

It would be easier to tell with a front shot, but I think that truck is maybe a 1933 or 1934 Chevy. He has 1955-56 Chevy car hubcaps on it so it's likely a Chevy. The roofline, etc. looks like a Chevy truck from that era to me.

Alan Mayes, Managing Editor
Ol' Skool Rodz/Car Kulture DeLuxe

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 am
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More pics.....

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 am
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd say it's a match to what he says, even the hubcaps are dead on. I didn't notice that before, but those look identical to the ones on my dad's 56 Chevy wagon.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am glad to see Alan replied to you. Him and Geno both work hard to run that publication and have tons of valuable info on these old rides. I was thinking maybe chevy but the rear fenders were throwing me off because of the other images flared back farther. Maybe it is just the angle of the pic you posted.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:51 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]