[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - need advice on diesel trucks
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 need advice on diesel trucks 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: need advice on diesel trucks
In retrospect, this was all a good thing for Ford. They finally pulled their head out and designed an engine in-house, which amazingly enough, is holding up real well. Because they have their own interests in mind maybe??

The 7.3L is a great motor that navistar got right. I don't know why there is such a difference between it and the 6.0l.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:54 am

Thought the 7.3 is an international?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

what do you guys think about this one ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-For ... 10d1#v4-43

he wants 20k

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is one I bumped into last night, wish I was in the position to buy right now:
http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/2855416842.html

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm glad this came back up. My cousin was hoping to buy mine, but decided to get married instead. I know banghead

Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know, unless you're in a hurry. I need to hang on to the truck until this summer.

J.D.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I paid about $26000 a year ago for a 2006 F250 with 58000 miles. Mine is a lariet with everything except nav. Just an FYI.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll chime in here...I've had the 7.3 (it was a 1999) and now have a 2005 6.0. The 7.3 truck was strong and gas mileage for a diesel was great especially on highway with 3.73 gears and 36's. The weak link is the tranny in them, especially if you have mods and a tuner. You can bullet proof the trannys with a BTS from Brian and you'll never have to worry about it again. I had done quite a few mods, injectors, turbo, exhaust, intake, etc and it was very reliable.
My 2005 6.0 with just a mild program could walk my 7.3 with just a canned tune. I've not had one issue with my 6.0 but i've also done fixes to the weak links on them already. Headstuds, EGR, turbos are the problem areas on the 6.0's. Mine has been solid for over 3 years without any issues since I did the headstuds and aftermarket EGR.
The only thing i miss from my 7.3 was the mileage and nothing else.

Just make sure you do your homework and find out the history of the truck and what problems it's been prone to. Getting an Oasis report helps a bunch. My friends 99 7.3L can't stay out of the shop and is currently in again while mine old 7.3 was solid as rock.

I'd buy the new one if I could but I haven't won the lottery yet so maybe soon icon biggin

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

jeff i may be selling my 7.3 diesel excursion if the price is right

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Almost pulled the trigger on a 6.7 on Friday...............

Then I got bitch slapped back to reality

I did get a "later this summer might be ok" though

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is my 7.3 Power stroke ..I went for the 29 foot Camper version... 1 1/2 Ton
4.5" exhaust ..DP tuner .. Intake and 13-14 MPG pulling the bronco or the boatMay 2009 227.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Now I like that version.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

GMAN - Great looking boat - is that a Baja? What motor and exhaust ya got in the boat?

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, an older BAJA ...is has a 7.4 big block 22 Foot long and has been a great boat, Its my second BAJA I just put a 1400W Stereo and tower on it last year ....man was that a fun project I appreciate the fact that you recognize its a BAJA ....really cool

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2