[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Manning now a Denver Bronco?
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Manning now a Denver Bronco? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Manning now a Denver Bronco?
I can't say as I am happy with it at all. I am pretty sick of changing horses mid-stream here. I can't argue that Manning is a good QB, but Tebow needed a chance. Great QB's aren't created overnight, or even over one season. The team was behind Tebow, the Fans were behind him, and he just had a great attitude. He may not be the best QB out there, but he was willing to work hard to get there. Not to mention was tough enough to put some linebackers on their butts!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Manning now a Denver Bronco?
I am not happy about the deal - I cannot believe the excitement and exposure that Tebow brought to Denver. I was hoping to keep Tebow here as a franchise player and develop him as the next Elway. The money they are paying Peyton could have paid to build an entire team around Tebow and not a single player. Who will be the backup QB when Peyton gets hurt as Quinn I think is gone, too.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I haven't been watching this, so is Tebow gone?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

"likely to be traded" as I heard on the news

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am hoping we don't have another Shannahan re-incrnate in Elway.

Shannahan wasted so much money swapping "must have" players that didn't work out for one reason or another.

Proving that the ol wallet doesn't solve all issues.

All of the hoopla surrounding Tebow's religious beliefs, etc aside.............I think Denver should have stuck with him and developed him and a team around him.

Manning is undoubtedly a great QB but I can't fathom why he, and the Broncos, want to put his life in jeoporday over football.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't think he is risking his life for football I think it has more to do with money, I think that he was a good QB, but now he is pretty much done. I would stick with Tebow, he brings excitment, a good work ethic, and morals to a game that is missing a lot of these things. (just my opinion)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm hoping KC picks up Tebow. Nothing like running down the Broncos with their own castaway QBs (read: Kyle Orton). I may live in Colorado, but I'll always be a KC fan. At least I don't live in Raider country, I guess.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

KC is a close second in front of the Raiders in my mind, which is the bad kind of second place. :)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Manning will be an old Bronco on jack stands. Not that I have anything against old Broncos but they break a lot and take time to fix. We'll be stuck picking the least worst QB on the bench. However, I think he'll be fun if he's healthy

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Seems the conscientious is that ya'll are not real high on Manning. Well I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that it makes me even more excited about the next season than ever. I like Manning, always have. I never bought into the whole Tebow fascination and I never will. I don't have anything against him other than he is not, nor will he ever be, a quality QB. Look at this objectionably. Tebow had trouble reading defenses, couldn't hit his targets, regularly over or under threw his receivers and was inconsistent at the position. Often times, he looked uncomfortable lining up under center and looked more at home running things from the shotgun in the spread/option offense. The reason he was so good at it in high school & college is that the talent pool is depleted in the younger variations of the game. There are roughly 14,500 H.S. football teams in America, or 754,000 kids playing. 124 D-1 college schools, 6,440 kids playing. 32 NFL teams, 1,696 players. That means that 0.2% of high school kids will make it to the NFL. As a player of Tebow's talents plays in depleted leagues, his natural ability shines. When dealing with, literally, the cream of the crop, he becomes an average player. And a QB with a skill set like his, prone to running first, throwing second, it makes him a below average QB. It was apparent throughout the season that Fox didn't trust his arm to beat anyone, and the only reason they beat the Steelers in the playoffs was because the Pittsburgh defense cheated up and dared Tebow to beat them. I'm not saying that Tebow isn't a helluva football player, he is, and I wish him all the best in the world, I hope that someday he can become a Super Bowl winner, but I honestly do not think he will ever do it as the main QB of a team. I mean come on, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. Manning at 70% is a better QB than Tebow is at 100%. I think McDaniels set Tebow up to fail by drafting him so high and I think he is setting himself up because he refuses to change positions. I think he could be an unbelievable TE, FB or even a safety. The guy likes body contact, but you can't hold out on the rah-rah bull crap forever. Look at what happened in the KC loss, The Chief defense figured out a way to bottle him up, I mean the Denver D did their job in only allowing 7 points and the Tebow magic never materialized. The wins Denver got this year were not all Tebow like the pundits seem to think. Remove Prater & Denver loses 2 more games. Have an average defense that doesn't keep them in the game & they lose an additional 3 games. They go from being 8-8 to 3-13 and we have the 2nd pick in the draft.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:17 pm
Maybe we can get him into a '75 Denver Bronco.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Now wouldn't that be great? A Denver Bronco driving a Denver Broncos edition Bronco.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think John Elway has one. No BSing either.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well in the words of the hated Al Davis "Just win, baby". That's what they want to do.

Tebow is alright not great. Could he be? Nah probably not but with some experience and playing time he could play in this league because of his drive and determination. As for Manning well if they design the offense so it mimics the one he ran in Indy then we got a chance at another Super Bowl or maybe 2. As great as he is how many Super Bowls has he been to? 2 and he's 1-1 but he's led the Colts to the playoffs almost every yr. Go enough times and sooner or later you might just win. Right John.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I 'am just glad that manning will be calling the plays and not fox with his run on every down philosophy.I don't think it was the QB ,but the coach that was wrong.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This one on my FB page...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Ok time for my two cents. It may be all my thoughts are worth afterall we all drive fords. Mcdaniels put the broncos behind five years. Elway has caught up that gap. Tebow was great to root for and one of the best people in the nfl. As a bronco fan manning gives us an instant chane for us to win a super bowl in the next four years. Isnt that what we really want. Who knows what the future will hold but as a fan i will support the broncos and root for manning. Only time will tell who is right and if this was the right decision. I wish tebow luck and thank him for a wonderful exciteing 2011 season. Now lets talk super bowls. Something we would not have seen with tebow for the next five years.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

icon biggin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]