[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Sad day in the Chaser house
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Sad day in the Chaser house 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Sad day in the Chaser house
Sold my Hayabusa. Sad to see someone driving off on my bike

Got a pocket full of cash just cant make up my mind.
Harley (down payment)
WR450
blow and whores (j/k)
mustang
crapy ranger and stuff a 351 in it
a 100 other things that i need to waste my money on...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Post Re: Sad day in the Chaser house
I know the feeling. I sold my Gixxer 1000 last summer.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Might I suggest.......

Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:06 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a good problem to have and a good list. I did see one thing missing - a hot tub. I miss the hell out of my Bullfrog Spa.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All good suggestion guys, thanks. I went to buy the new WR450F this afternoon. Did my homework and was pretty sure that with a few mods (horn, tires, brake light) I could get it titled and register it to make it street legal. About to hand over a wad of cash then Guys a fort Collins motorsports said they didn't think I could make it street legal. Now I am second guessing myself so need to talk to the DMV or someone to make sure I can make it street legal. It's a bad ass bike and will prolly kill me if I buy and race some supermoto but oh well

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can make it street legal unless they changed the laws recently. I titled my 98 XR Honda. You will need a VIN check and the paperwork signed and notarized. Also you are gonna have to pay any additional taxes and probably will need the MSO. Lights, horn, brakelight and DOT tires and you shouldn't have a problem.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My WR450F was street legal before I sold it 3 years ago.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Sheriff dept. in Ft. Collins is a pain in the ass to try and get them to street legalize a dirt bike. They didn't want to give me an inspection on an old XR I had, but I brought it down to Colo. Springs and they looked at it like, ok so you got a squeeker horn, a mirror, does the brake light work? Ok, you're golden, go get your plates. If you have to, take it to another county to get the inspection and get it done that way.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I took mine to Envirotest (emissions place) they do VIN verifications. Or you might be able to get the dealership to do it as well. Like sbolt said you might look elsewhere. My son tried to get his XR plated several yrs ago and the county wouldn't do it without the MSO which at the time was in the hands of the finance company. We haven't tried it again but this yr I think he's going to look into it again.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for all the info. Still a little scared to spend $8G's + taxes and stuff on a bike I can't register. Think may go used (07 or so) since the plan is to start supermoto racing so might as well crash a used bike.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like a great plan. I had to lookup the bike you want looks like a great bike i did see that Yamaha makes a street legal 250 from the factory so parts are likely available for the 450 to make it street legal.

Keep us updated on your motorcross dates and times - me and my son would love to come out and watch. There is a very cool motorcross style track on the West side of I-25 around Loveland - looks like a ton of fun. Not sure if they have bleachers and races, but looked like a great place to practice.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Entourage, they race there quite a bit. You can find the schedules for all of the motocross races in Colorado at either Rocky Mountain Motocross Association (RMXA.com) or Sports Riders Association of Colorado (SRAC.com). I've been racing motocross here for about 17 years. The races are a lot of fun to watch; even more fun to participate in:) I don't recall if they have bleachers there or not. If not, walking around to get different vantage points is great as well. You can also walk around the pits as a spectator.
I suggest that kchaser picks up a new YZ450F and goes all out motocross with it fire fire

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is a track at C470 and 285.

Last edited by Badlands on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The RMXA Site is great. Looks like there are tracks all around Colorado. I will have to hit one of these events. Thanks for the site and hope you guys post up when you are competing.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Toooooo old for motocross, did that back in 93 and I'm still sore. I think Supermoto will be fun!!!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was silly enough to take my WR450F on that motocross track at C470 & I70.

This was the year prior to them getting the big boy race back at the track so it was not groomed as nicely as it is now.

The fun / funny part was I was feeling young, tough, and macho and was quickly reminded by the YZ crowd that I am an old, feeble, panzy. They would blow by me in packs of 5 or so and purposely slide up in front of me and roost me hard. I got the message and went home.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's what will happen when I hit the racetrack as well. But at least I can feel cool and as long as I look fast that's all thats matters.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So true; looking fast is half the battle. boardin I have to race the old man's +30 class. Way too many broken bones from years past. banghead

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well. I took today off in search of my next adventure. Found it in a 2008 KLX450R. Original owner already street legal so that part was taken care of. Now time for supermoto rims/tires/go fast thingys... New garage is filling up nicely.

Kermit. You hit it. I have raced everything from RC cars to 500+hp asphalt super late models. I always am running mid pack, but damn i look fast!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice looking garage. Now I remember your posts from when you finished it a little while back. I'm right there with on the mid-pack thing. I managed a motocross state champoinship in 2003 and since then I happy to break the top 10. Getting old sucks. I just picked up a 2012 KX250F and I love it. Kawasaki has really come around in my opinion. I've ridden Yamahas for the last 10 years, but they don't seem to want to put fuel injection on their 250F so I had to switch colors. Go Team Green!
I've got plans for a garage expansion in my future as well. Just hope it's not the very distant future. Gotta get some drawings put together and the cost associated.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Not so Sad day in the Chaser house
Supermoto setup complete. Tooo much fun on the street. Tickets will soon follow.

Sun May 06, 2012 7:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great looking bike. That is a crazy big disc-brake up front. The Buell motorcycles would do that on some of their bikes. The enduro style bikes in my day always had knobby tires - those look like crotch rocket tires.

Sun May 06, 2012 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]