[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Revolver guys?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Revolver guys? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Revolver guys?
I've got the gun itch again and am looking for some input/reviews. Looking at a smaller hammerless revolver for general purpose. Occasional carry gun/center console piece. Have been looking at the Ruger LCR and the S&W J frames, .357. Any of you guys have one or both of these? How about some input?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu May 31, 2012 8:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Revolver guys?
Taurus uses old s&w dies and they re top notch (only thin g I would buy from them) s&w j frames are also great.... Ruger lcr are great guns I would go put a couple. In your hands. I like the lightweight revolvers but they tend to hurtthe hand a little. What ever you do I would get a 357 as you can practice. With38spl. I've shot all of them and if money is no object. S&w if it is Taurus

Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

for what its worth I have a Taurus in .38, ultra light frame, and have been very happy with it.
I know you specified .357 and Ruger/Smith but just figure I would let you know my experience with the Taurus.

Should of got .357 but it was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Thu May 31, 2012 10:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Revolver guys?
I'm not opposed to Taurus, I just don't see many used ones pop up on the RMGO classifieds.

Dan, there's a 329PD over on RMGO with a Magnaport job I was tempted on. Both of those guns are K frame and I was thinking something smaller and lighter.

I'm very happy with large caliber guns and love my .45 to death. However, with summer time coming I was thinking smaller and lighter for the shorts and flip flops days. Putting on my belt with shorts to carry the Springfield is starting to finally wear on me finally after 5 years.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My revolvers are bigger brutes, Taurus Tracker 44 mag and Ruger Vaquero Colt 45. They are to make me feel more manly and pretend I'm a cowboy.
Kel-tec sometimes gets a bad wrap, but I also have a little 9mm that you can conceal in your hand practically.
The little Taurus 38 feels good in your hand and is far less expensive than the Smithy. Adding a rubber hand grip, depending on the weapon, makes them a bit more more comfortable.

Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Revolver guys?
I still miss my Anaconda. Sold it, like a fool, for 400 back in 98 and now they're going for 900-1500.

The Terrible One

Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a J frame in .38 Special, nice and compact. I have a K frame in .38 Special with a 2" barrel that I really like and I have an N frame in .44 Magnum that I carry when I'm hunting. I have an older Taurus in .357 Magnum too.

You can't go wrong with any quality wheel gun IMHO because of the reliability!

You. Could find a good buy on a revolver and bob the hammer yourself too.

Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doing a little quick research here at work. A little shootout of sorts when it comes to a few items I found/liked.

Glock 26
9mm
10 rounds
26.10oz loaded/19.75oz dry

Glock 36
.45 ACP
6 rounds
26.99oz loaded/20.11oz dry

Ruger LCP
6+1
9.40oz (not specified but I would assume dry)
$379.00 MSRP

Ruger LCR
5 rounds
17.10oz
$599.00 MSRP

Smith and Wesson 640PD
5 rounds
11.4oz dry
$1019.00 MSRP (Titanium ain't cheap, I guess)

Taurus 650BP
5 rounds
24.2oz
$508.00 MSRP (plus 1 year free NRA membership. Whoopty do.)

Think I am going to rule out the Taurus unless I find another model that has been on a diet. With that type of weight, I might as well carry the Glock 36.

The Smith 640 is pricey. I was hoping to stay ~500.00 for the purchase, keeping my +1000.00 purchase in reserve for when I pick up my Springfield M1A.

The Ruger LCP is great price wise, but a .380.
The Ruger LCR looks like a front runner, but I can get either one of the Glocks for cheaper and knowing that the .45 ACP (Glock 36) is very tempting.

I think I just need to dip into the savings and buy all of them. icon biggin

Right now, I'm thinking toss up between the Glock 36 and the Ruger LCR. But it is still early in the game.

The Terrible One

Thu May 31, 2012 1:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Curious what shooting a 357 from the LCR feels like. I know shooting a S&W Airweight .38 Special was surprisingly uncomfortable.

Ruger SP101 357 is my suggestion. It is available in a hammerless double action only, and like a 1.25" barrel. That is the model my friend has & I love shooting it. I just picked up a Ruger GP101, but with a 6" full shroud barrel, its far from a carry gun. Not even sure I want to carry it in the woods, it weighs a ton and pulling a 6" barrel from a holster is not going to be quick.

Thu May 31, 2012 1:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu May 31, 2012 3:05 pm

The LCR has one of the best if not the best trigger I have pulled. very accurate for such a short barrel also.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a lcp and they are hard to hold fyi. Carry gun only IMHO

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We had a Ruger 38 for 299.00 at Bass Pro. We have the Taurus 357 and 22 revolvers and I would have one of each if I had that kind of extra cash floating around. We also have the Josey Wales Colt Walker revolvers and that is going to be my first purchase. Revolvers are the best home defense product a person can have. Never fail, will always work.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Outlaw_Josey_Wales,_The

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you get one frankencastle?

Im going to 2nd the vote for a Ruger SP101 in .357. Got one for my wifes purse, and she loves it. She's just a little thing and can handle full power loads in it.

Im more of an old schooler and carry either a browning hi-power 9mm, or a Mauser HSc .380.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can shoot my Blackhawk .357 with a 4" barrel more accurately than anything else in my collection.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Just picked up a new Springfield xd-s today for my new carry pistol. Can't wait to shoot it in a few days.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Get this one and do this

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ha! Love that's guys videos.

On the subject of revolvers, I shot the LCR in 380 and the Sig something another in 9mm this week. Both mostly polymer guns with light, concealed carry in mind. Didn't like either one of them. The search continues.

For anyone who might have a Springfield 1911 Champion model (4.25" Commander length slide), might be a good idea to put some Locktite on that intricate, 300 piece guide rod and spring assembly. My buddy's pretty much came apart on him on the range. Better yet, replace it with a full length piece.

The Terrible One

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:59 pm

For a ccw look at the xds if you don't want a revolver.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

if you like 1911's (I do too)....have you shot a Browning Hi-Power 9mm? it's not quite as bulky as a 1911, similar design, and carries pretty well. that's what I'm usually slingin when I'm wearing a coat of some sort. it is a little noticeable if a shirt and jeans is all I'm wearing. try one out, it's my favorite pistol ever

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Check out Smith & Wesson M&Ps. I have a couple 40's, a compact for CCW & full size. I really like them. I just shot a Gen4 Glock on Friday, and did not like the way if felt. They don't call them "Blocks" for nothing. S&W is made in USA, excellent lifetime warranty, great customer service. I had lead fouling on the crown of a barrel & bullet jackets peeling off, it was the ammo's fault, but S&W sent me a new barrel, with custom polished feed ramp & 2 free magazines for my trouble.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I found a solution, if only temporarily. Or should I say a solution found me. Co-worker came in yesterday talking about wanting to buy a P99 and needing to unload his SA XD subcompact 9mm. Not really being a fan of the model, I asked him how much he wanted thinking the price point would immediately deter me from buying it. BUT, 325.00 and I now I have a new gun. icon biggin

The Terrible One

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]