[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Fathers Day came Early
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Fathers Day came Early 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Fathers Day came Early
Many of you know that I have been casually looking for a project bronco - My plans are to stretch it into an extra cab with a bed. Stretch the frame and then the tub (or bob the tub and use the bed off a 66 ford pick up - that remains to be determined). Anyway, I had found one on craigs list, that was posted here as well, from the pictures in the ad, it looked like about a perfect starting point, you know - in pieces all over the guys bck yard.

I showed the ad to Daniel and suggested we go take a look at it, but it was located in Elizebeth and the weather out there has not exactly been cooperating durring the evenings this week. Friday was a long scheduled and much needed date night with my lovely wife Cheri (we are old, sushi - then wall mart to look at seat cushions for the patio furniture...).

Well Daniel took it upon himself to go look at it Friday evening after he got off work (he got off at 8pm). He did not tell me. Instead I was awakend at 1:20 am by Cheri with the words "Daniel needs you to go look at something on his truck". Now many of you know of Dan's history with his truck so you can imagine the range of thoughts I had running through my head as I am heading downstairs to the garage and driveway. Thoughs like "What did he break now?, where did he go to break it? is everyone ok? do we need to clean it up before the investigators show up?"

Well this is what I found

The boys went together and bought it for me. Frame looks good so far, tub - well it needs some attention. I have one door, both tanks and a manual steering colum I will not be useing. Roll bar is up for grabs as well once I get the tub braced.

Yeah - I think Cheri and I have done a pretty good job of raising those boys.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Fathers Day came Early
What a cool story. This will be fun for you and your boys. You must be proud of them.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:40 am
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

AWESOME !

Congratulations to you for getting such a great present but more importantly............

CONGRATS to you and Cheri for doing such a great job raising those boys !

Good vibes all around

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great kids ya got there on a lot of levels. Sounds like a great start to a fun build.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

THAT IS AWESOME GREG! I cant wait to see how the project develops.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dude thats real cool, great kids you got there.

My fathers day came early also in the form of new WH long tube headers with matching magnaflow mufflers and a coupon for the rest of the exhaust. JP

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Fathers Day came Early
That is BA! Let me know when you start stretching the frame and cutting into the tub, I want to watch/help & get ideas. Plus I think I have a couple of pieces of sheet metal you want.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is awesome. Nicely done, sons.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice job boys. Greg that's a pretty good place to start. Congrats.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thats sweet! congrats!

is it going to be ready for the june breakfast?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great present, going to be a good project.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats Great!
I love the fact they just tossed it in the back of the truck.
NICE WORK BOYS!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great story! Great kids!

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]