[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - How likely is this to work
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 How likely is this to work 

Post How likely is this to work
So i have pretty much bone stock 76 with 33's and auto tranny, And i am moving to Iowa in a couple weeks(July 6th). the longest I have driven it is to Goodguys from Laramie to Denver and back. It did well down there and got a little warm like 215 climbing back up to laramie, i am pretty sure it was the radiator cap not sealing completely. Any way I am thinking that I can tow a small utility trailer from uhaul and be ok as long as I drive at night and go slow.

Anybody got this kind of experience? Things to check before leaving? Also it has 62000 original miles.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: How likely is this to work
I am not sure U-haul will rent you a trailer. Check into that first.

Take tools, take lost of pre-mixed antifreeze and take it slow! It's all pretty much downhill tho!

Check all fluids, tranny, t-case, engine, antifreeze, diffs...

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bronco do great hauling small trailers, watch your tongue weight and braking distance.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:31 am

update :

I replaced my radiator cap on a whim and now my temps are down to normal.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:40 pm
Profile YIM

my main concern is the summit is kinda a burly climb.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:52 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For me, with or without my trailer, a 6% grade or higher is a 2nd gear pull, I also open up my heater core and turn the fan on to keep the temps around 200-210. On a longer pull with the trailer I may end up thinking about 1st gear, but I've yet to have to go there. BTW I'm running 35's w/ 4:10's so I'm a little under geared.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If your EB tends to the hot side, you might ad Redline Water Wetter, it does work.

2-1973 Broncos
And a couple even run.....

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another thing to check is the cooling fins are clean of debris, the lack of air flow across the fins will make it run hot. A good fan as well.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:04 am

well I made it to Iowa safe and sound and I love my bronco!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is great news - happy it worked out. Best of luck in Iowa.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]