[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Brake Job
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Brake Job 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Brake Job
Anyone have a couple of hours -- at most I am sure -- Sunday afternoon to lend a hand with a front brake job on my 75DBE. I -- of course -- took EVERYTHING apart on both front wheels to clean, etc. a couple weeks back and now I doubt I will be able to remember how everything goes back together. DOH! I am sure I could suffer through it and figure it out, but if anyone has some time to assist (and speed up the process) I would greatly appreciate the hand. Send me a PM if you are available / interested.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Brake Job
If you have daycare at your house I might be available. LOL

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can't do it Sunday, but may be able to another day.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys. Frank - I'm sure the wife would love to spend time with the baby, especially as she is such a doll, but then I'll probably get the talk about having another baby! LOL! I get off work at like 4pm on Saturday and could work on it shortly thereafter if that works better for anyone.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You never said whether you have drums or disc.

I'd be happy to come help on Saturday, but it might be the dumb leading the ignorant. I've never done a brake job other than on motorcycles.

I'd be happy to bring my Bronco to use as a reference though.

Clay

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So funny Vragor! This is dumb brakes -- I mean drum brakes. So my choice is the dumb leading the ignorant or doing it with a baby on my hip. Hmmm... I think I feel an out of town trip coming on leading to a postponement until I can do more independent research! :-)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So, should I assume you no longer need the drum I've been hanging on to 4 you? spank

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you're still looking for help I should have time on Saturday.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Would be great man. I'll be up early Saturday morning banging away on it as I have to be at Dick's for work at 3pm. Will probably do the new coil springs and shocks and then work out from there to the drum brakes on both front wheels. Don't worry, I've sprayed every bolt that will have to come out a couple of times.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds good. I'll let you know what is up later today.

The Terrible One

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Success! A great bunch of hours spent with Zack on the front end of the Bronco yesterday. We got new 3.5in WH springs, Bilstein shocks and new drum brakes installed. Looks awesome, easily fits my 35in BFG mud terrains and my 16 year old son can't wait to get it on the road and drive it to school. Thanks again Zach!

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]