[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Wiring Harness Mass Buy...?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wiring Harness Mass Buy...? 

Which harness would you be interested in?
Painless with switches 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
Painless without switches 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Centech 55%  55%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 20

Wiring Harness Mass Buy...? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Wiring Harness Mass Buy...?
Okay, I got the thumbs up from the finance minister to drop coin on a new wiring harness. I'd like to take advantage of buying power and see if we can leverage a vendor for a discount.

Two big pieces of information needed are: 1) Who is interested in a wiring harness and 2) Which harness would you be interested in?

Please keep in mind I'll be using these numbers to work with the vendors, so kindly only reply to the poll if you are serious or seriously considering purchasing a wiring harness.

Average prices for each harness are:
Painless with switches (WH) 795.00
Painless without switches (WH) 728.00
Centech (average of the 4 big vendors) 438.00

I'd like to have something done in the next few weeks, but would be willing to wait a month or so in the event you guys need a little time to prepare.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Wiring Harness Mass Buy...?
I am interested, but as I am new to my 75 Bronco, I don't really know the difference yet between the three.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am interested and voted, I will definitely purchase one with this group if there is any discounts - but I may have already scored one. If that works out then minus one from this list.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 am

Id be interested in the centech harness.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gave WH a quick call today. Centech is back ordered for an unknown amount of time. I was also told the overhead on the Centech's was pretty slim so the odds of a discount would be as well. "Johnny" is bringing it up with Jim Creel and I should hear something back tomorrow.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would vote but my selections arent listed. shrug

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And which might those be?

The Terrible One

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Of course the Centech is a slimmer margin, I am sure they have a better deal w/ Painless. I still vote for Centech

Due to a bad economy, most will choose Centech just for the price

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Give Painless a call. When they designed the new EB system, they got a from some guys on CB.com and they might be willing to pull the trigger on a group buy from us.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Meaning Affordable Street Rods uses GM style connectors, wiring colors, and switches.
Haywire doesn't specifically state their switches are GM style, but if you look closely at the pics of the harnesses they sell they do appear to be GM switches.

But like I said before, nothing wrong with GM components, for the most part. My spindles, calipers, and pads are all GM design as well as my power steering. But, I don't know if those switches will drop right in to the holes already cut in my dash or if modification will be required. The Painless with switches uses nothing but new Ford Bronco switches. And I'm pretty sure the wiring is the same colors as original, making wiring diagrams a little easier to translate.

The Terrible One

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OH I see what you mean, none of the items I bought from Affordable street rods are GM products. The harness is handmade with basic terminals, and the power panel as well, its a block attached to an aluminum base similar to the old school kit a guy would buy before painless and such came out with their GM based 21 circuit system. I think it was Alan Grove or similar who made this before the rest.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zack, I'm down for a mass buy, a significant discount towards the Painless would be worth it. Of course I've got time to burn so the backorder status of Centech doesn't really bother me, either way I'd be in. I definitely need one for my project, but if the price is right I'll order two so I can rewire my current driver as well. If not enough folks are interested at our level then you could open it up to the CB.com crowd as well, don't know how big you want it to get.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Been a few weeks now and still haven't heard back from Wild Horses. Placed a call to Painless today and wound up having to leave a voicemail with one of their sales guys. I should hear back from them today. Will let you guys know what I find out.

The Terrible One

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just finished up a Centech install and it was surprisingly easy. I don't know about the differences between Centech and Painless but they better be huge considering the price difference.

Also, you may want to consider giving BroncoHut a call. They had the best deal on Centech when I was looking. It even included the Ignition adapter. Melissa said she keeps them in stock.

My Personal Website -

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Any interest in reviving this discussion? I would like to rip ALL of the wiring out of my Bronco and start fresh -- it is just such a rats nest under that dash!

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm still in.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As am I. I didn't get much traction with the vendors last I tried to inquire about a "mass" buy. Maybe we can try again?

The Terrible One

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I still need one....

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Has anyone looked at the T3-HR Bronco Wiring Harness with Headlight Relays
offered by West Coast Broncos?

http://wcb4x4.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Scre ... Code=20450

For $249.95, you could make a mistake with the first one and have to buy a second and STILL do better than the other more expensive options. Has anyone tried this wiring kit?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:45 pm

I curious about the WCB harness as well.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice price, I'd be interested.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Maybe I can reach out and see if we could get a discount -- on top of the already low price -- for a mass buy.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am in for 1

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would definitely invest in a soldering iron and some heat shrink with that kit. Those crimp style connectors and spade/ring terminals will corrode like mad in very short time. Or rather the ends of the wires that go in to them will.

The Terrible One

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You have to do some soldering with the other kits as well

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you guys end up putting this together? I am in the market for a harness and have been looking at Painless and Centech. Leaning towards Painless for the added fuses for future add ons. I would be interested in one for the mass buy if this is still on the table.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It never did quite happen. Maybe we could try and shoot for income tax time?

The Terrible One

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next