[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Lurkers
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Lurkers 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Lurkers
Obviously part of owning a classic EB is having to pleasure of being stopped by random enthusiasts to chat about the bronco they owned/always wanted or coming out to the parking lot and seeing someone giving your ride a thorough inspection. Comes with the territory I guess. Lately though I am getting a bit wary about the number of people doing that kind of stuff in my driveway. Coming out in the late evening or early (perfect example was at 4am today) and seeing people eying the green machine from a car stopped at the end of the driveway and seeing the same cars doing multiple slow ride flybys is starting to make me paranoid and feel like it is getting cased for future vanishing. So much so that I have started chainng it up and am thinking about cameras and for the love of god, cleaning out my garage! Am I just being paranoid or have you guys been dealing with this too? The worst is when it is some white trash dirt bag with less teeth that the number of matching tires on his ride.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lurkers
I know you're not really looking for advice here, more venting (at least that what it seems like). But, if you were, I would say the following. If theft of the Bronco (or any vehicle) is a concern, consider the purchase of a system like this: . Additionally, I might look in to the installation of game cameras, or something similar, over watching the area where you park. A hard installed security camera suite is another option, but is exponentially more expensive and a bit more overt. But then, overt might be just what you want. Plus that suite will likely come with enough cameras to cover not only your parking space but the entire perimeter of your home and a front door perspective of who that person is standing on your porch.

None of the possibilities for theft deterrent will truly protect your Bronco short of sleeping in it nightly with a shotgun in your hands. I try not to freak out too much when I hear a car door close late at night or see snow/ice on the road as I leave for work in the morning and see the Bronco parked on the street. I figure if something ever happens to it, I'll get it back and rebuild it.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hear ya. I have been paranoid since I had the tires/wheels stolen off my sons car when it was parked in the driveway (literally 3 feet from my garage door). I live in a semi-culdisac on a quiet street full of mostly retirees. I came out to go to work in the morning and the car was setting on blocks. I was pissed and could believe it. I park my Bronco in the garage but still worry about it after that incident.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been thinking about alarms and kill switch setups for Willem's Bronco since we are getting closer to getting it on the road. I thought my biggest concern was school and shopping parking areas, I guess I'll add my driveway to the list. I know I always take a closer look at vehicles and people that aren't usually in my neighborhood, can't hurt.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We have quite a few creative, tech savvy people here. Maybe worth while to start a discussion in the members only section concering specific anti-theft techniques?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know when I rewire my truck I'm going to install a fuel pump cut off switch. Pretty easy with EFI. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about thieves much.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The price of security cams have came way down. A good game camera cost more then some security cams now. I bought a two pack of the ones in the below link and use them to watch the engine lab at work when I'm on the road. It's wireless so if you have wireless Internet in your house you can control the cameras from anywhere you have Internet, or from your smartphone. The cam will automatically email you pics if it senses movement if you want, has two way audio, pan tilt control, night vision. Way cool toy for cheap. Recommend for sure if you want to keep an eye on things from anywhere. As far as keeping my bronco safe, I wish a thief good luck in starting it, I have more toggle switches on mine than a NASCAR car does.

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Ne ... rds=Foscam

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Two-way audio. That would be fun for pranks...
A kill switch is key. An EFI bronco won't run long with just the pressure in the system, if there is any. I'd like to do something of that sort as well, but something between the ignition switch and the starter so they can't even burn up my starter trying to crank it for hours.

If I am really worried, I usually put the T-case in low-low. By the time I hear it start and they start driving away, I could get up, make myself a cup of coffee, reload a few shells and still meet him at the bottom of my driveway...

But this is a good discussion and am interested to see what people have done.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 am

I'll post up what I have on my 79 in the members only section. Not only does it kill the fuel pump but it is all my accessorys.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

x2, I recently put a bikini top on my Bronco and since then had my bag of tools, snatch gear and tow straps stolen out of it. Lurkers can kiss my spank . I too have seen a decrease in the cost of cameras. Costco sells a 5-7 camera system that is wireless for around $500 - $600. You can set up "trip wires" in the cameras software that activates the video only when motion is sensed within the parameters of the trip wire and sends/stores video clips to a DVR or your smart phone.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]