[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New Guy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 New Guy 
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post New Guy
Hey Guys

For those of you that don't know me yet, my name is Garry.

I have been a little hesitant to sign up over since I don't actually own a Bronco yet and the rules state that you must. I've been assured by a few people that the torches and pitchforks won't come out though. I hope they were right.

The extent of my Bronco build consists of a couple of 8 lug axles, a 5.8 Lightning motor, and a 205 T-case that I plan on mating to a 4r70w. My wife has put her foot down and said that she will kill me in my sleep if I buy another project vehicle before I remodel her kitchen. She is well armed and I'm sure that she means it. However, at my current rate of progress in collecting parts it won't be long before I'll be begging someone to come over and help me remodel so that I can buy a glove box door and a title.

I've been a die hard Ford guy since I was little. I've been through 2 full size Broncos, and 1 Highboy. I still have a 79 F-250, a 71 Mach 1, and a budget Foxbody build. I've wanted an EB forever, but the older I get the more I want one (even bad enough to do home improvements).

I've been known to dabble a bit in EFI conversions and EFI tuning, and I sure don't mind answering questions or helping folks with a wrench (or laptop). Hopefully you guys can help me pick out the right EB project when the time comes. Everyone I have met so far from here seem like decent folks, hopefully the torches and pitchforks don't come out.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New Guy
Welcome,

I still need to give you a call with my questions.

Thanks for posting up. Glad to see you here.

Chad

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad to see you here! We'll look forward to helping you shop when the time comes. Now where is my pitchfork...

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New Guy
Torches and pitchforks make good tools for demoing a bathroom. Just ask the guys who have been playing in Lyons lately.

Welcome aboard. I'm also planning a 5.8 Lightning like motor for my Bronco.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Howdy Gary

Really glad to see you join up here.

Sounds like your planning to have an off-road capable EB or will it be a mall crawler ?

We love em all !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Its about time Garry! welcome! any updates on my yard art?

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome Garry. Thanks for posting up your attributes. Many of us here like to share our expertise and EFI is certainly something that is a black magic for a lot of us. Get that remodel done and start posting pics of your build!

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome Gary,

Glad you posted up, I've followed a couple of your posts on CB.com and like what you are doing. When you need help just post up and I'm sure a couple of us will roll on over and help.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome Garry, I've also been following along on CB.com with your work, very nice! Nice to hear you've got a fox too, I've got an '86 GT hatch.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:02 am

See they wont haze you too much around here. I didnt have an EB when I joined.

Welcome and make yourself at home here.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Garry!!!! Glad you joined!

Guys, if you have not met him, he is a great guy! He helped me one weekend with my brake pushrod issues and install the transmission! Could not of got that tranny in without him!

If you need any help Garry, please don't hesitate to ask.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:42 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

The future rig will definitely not be a mall crawler, I plan to make it as off-road capable as possible. Mainly because I miss wheeling and camping. I used to go pretty much every weekend, then gas hit $4 a gallon and I traded off my wheeling rig at the time. After my last camping trip this summer (funny story in the lounge on CB.com), I really need something that will get me away from civilization.

I'm glad you guys have been following my work and like it. Most people seem to think it's going to be the next A9L replacement, yet I still get the occasional hate mail from the purists about how I'm ruining classic vehicles. I'm not the kind of guy that would butcher a rare un-cut, but I like to think I'm improving them for their intended purpose.

Sorry John, no more forward progress on the lawn art. I meant to dig in to it more yesterday, but then I ended up with bigger fires to put out.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Let me guess they are hating on you cause you're giving guys a way to update the current 20yr old efi systems?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Your camping story is just about like what happened to me over the 4th of july. I was up in wyoming around rob roy. Camped in a huge area(about 1.5 miles across) and we had a big family camp right next to us. They decided to party hard for 2 nights. We decided to turn the stereo up real loud on the camper and start our bikes and ride em around just after sunrise. Seeing them staggering around tryin to figure out what was going on was funny. The next night they were quiet.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:49 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

That was kind of my thinking, I'm sure the Bronco crowd has been doing Fox EFI swaps for a while now. I think I did my first EFI swap in 98 or so.

Some people just seem to think that they should never be modified and should stay the way they came from the factory (on something rare I'd agree). I think that the growing interest in the newer generation of EFI puts a fear in to them that even more classics will be modded.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:56 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Yeah, I guess the times are just changing and the population is exploding. I would go camping for several days at a time in the past and never see anyone. Now everybody wants to camp right next to you.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:52 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Heck yeah! we'll have to make two trips I want to drive it too!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad you joined brother. I have been reading your posts on CB. I am going to do an EFI conversion with an Explorer and Ill have to pick your brain sometime. Welcome!

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]