[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Can't believe I am thinking this
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Can't believe I am thinking this 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Can't believe I am thinking this
So after all this time I finally get a garage to work on my Bronco, no more driveway rebuilds, and now I am considering selling it. Yup, I hate that this thought is even in my head. The problem is my wife and I only have one safe daily driver that we can transport my 2 month old in, and it's my wife's 4runner. I need a safer vehicle for myself, but I hate being in debt. So, I am considering selling my Bronco to buy something newer.

If the 4runner breaks down we have no mode of transportation for the three of us.

So to those of you that have children, should I sell it? I honestly don't want to, but seems like the responsible thing to do.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Can't believe I am thinking this
Get yourself an 8k Honda Civic and make monthly payments of like $200/month. Way better than selling your Bronco-- plus think of all the fun things you will be able to do with the children when they get a little bit older and can safely ride in the Bronco!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There are a lot of us with kids as well as some great ideas for car seats. The deal I have with my wife is: I can keep the Bronco as long as I have a reliable vehicle. So this morning the subaru wouldn't start (too cold, weak battery...) so I took the reliable Bronco to work again with my daughter. The choice is which one gets to stay in the garage.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A couple of years ago we bought two car seats so either of us could transport out daughter. And when she out grew that seat we sold the both of them, mine only having been used a handful of times.

What year is the 4Runner and how has its track record been thusfar?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys for the replies! I really appreciate it. You have convinced me to keep it. I was feeling like I was irresponsible an selfish for not selling it. The wife has never given me grief and even told me that it is up to me to sell it or not. She knows I love the Bronco.

I guess I could save up a little and buy a cheap 4 door civic or Subaru. The Bronco has had almost everything rebuilt or replaced and I never worry about breaking down in it. I could just spend some more money to upgrade the interior to a more family friendly environment.. I would love to put a family roll cage and a nice back seat in it....and with these past few days I need a better heater!!!!!

We have also been doing just fine having one family mobile. The 4runner is a 2003, paid for, and it has a great repair history. I absolutely love that rig. It is AWD with a v8, and gives us no problems at all. Of course I am religious on the preventive maintenance, but it does have 153k miles on it and I know there will be some upcoming repairs. If it does have to go into the shop, I can always rent a car during that time.

Thanks guys! Glad to know that keeping it is not selfish.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Our 4Runner is an 04 with just under 100k now. I worry about that thing less than I do any of our vehicles.

Good call on keeping the Bronco. Haven't sold one yet that I didn't regret later.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not a single problem to date. Knock on wood.

The Terrible One

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My plan is to turn our current one into a nicely outfitted trail rig if/when it ever dies on us.

The Terrible One

Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad you decided to keep it! Really, a bronco is a fairly inexpensive rig to have laying around as an extra vehicle and there is no doubt you'd be sorry later! So it's better to get yourself something else in case you need another vehicle. AWD is a smart buy in CO, but not totally necessary. You probably need to spend more than $5k to get something suitable for the kid(s) if you can swing it. And your money goes a lot further with private sellers. For many years, I have had my tow rig, my bronco, my wife's car, and a DD. We have both shared driving the DD depending on who had the commute. I have done pretty well buying used from CL or the like, but the last one, Ford Focus, I took a bath on. Bought from a dealer because I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere else after months of looking. And as my luck would have it, bought when fuel prices were at record levels and then had to sell when they dropped a little. Urgh! Be patient, nail down a few models you want and go from there. Spring time is probably better buying time for AWD, but now should be a good market for anything FWD. Just take your carseat along with you to make sure it fits!

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]