[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Junkyard Tools
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Junkyard Tools 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Junkyard Tools
So, It turns out I'm a parts hoarder and I have successfully fought off multiple interventions staged by my neighbors to "Cure" me . Anyhow, I was thinking about upgrading my junkyard tool box (again) to something a little larger. I'm currently rocking a 20" plastic craftsmen box which is a step up from my previous 18" box and the tool bag I had before that. The junkyard box pulls double duty as a trail tool kit and it takes me 10 minutes of messing with it just to get it closed. Just how much do you take with you? I'm pretty sure my mobile tool box has surpassed the #50 mark at this point. I'm thinking about making the move from a plastic box to a Metal box this time. I kinda like this one http://www.sears.com/craftsman-26inch-s ... ckType=G17 .

The only problem with the jumbo tool box is that you have to have a cart to drag it around the yard and every moron that shows up with an adjustable wrench and screw driver wants to borrow tools from you.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Junkyard Tools
What about something that is already on wheels?

Maybe you could remove the top box for trail use??

Then a sign to take to the JY that states, "tools loan for $5 plus an appropriate damage deposit".

Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been using a large plastic box I got at the hardware store, doubles as a step stool. It can get heavy. It has a large webbing shoulder strap and I think there are versions with wheels.

images (1).jpg

Here it is in action:
IMG_1645.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bigger box, bigger pain to carry around.... I am waiting for the bottom to fall out of mine.. I am thinking of going up to a 24 inch like this one from Home Deploy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This will get 90% of what you want from the yard. 5gal bucket, large crescent wrench, large channel locks, vise grip, BFH, multi point screw driver, cutting tool (my fav is a battery powered saws all), gloves.

Unfortunately the other 10% requires the 90lb tool bag/box with all the specialty tools.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Depot.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like to use tool bags for J.Y. visits and trail tools. I use bags inside of bags with each type of tool, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, sockets/ratchets, they each have there own bag and stuff into the large carry bag. Bags are great to load/stuff/stack/pile Into the rig and you dont get all the rattles you might get from a metal box.
I also have a larger box with wheels and I can stand on it, when working on the Bronco trail side, that I keep trail spares, fluids and lubes in. Use what works best for your needs!

Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]