[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - How cold is it?
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How cold is it? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post How cold is it?
So cold, the latches in my doors have apparently stopped working. I had to bust out some bungee cords this morning and redneck close my doors.

Anyone else experiencing cold related issues with their Broncos? Aside from Rox's stinger not working.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: How cold is it?
Well.. I was going to drive my 96 bronco today.. come to find out my neighbor ran over my block heater cord with a snowblower and sucked the cord in and chopped it up last night.. I wasnt even about to try to start that 4bt at whatever below zero it was. He knew it was there just thought he could pass over it..

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's so cold that my block heater was plugged in to a GFI outlet that had tripped. Even with a double dose of additive eltrucko en no bueno at -17.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

my door wouldn't shut , is this common or do i need need new door latches?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Driver door key lock frozen. Had to crawl through pass side. Had to slam the doors a few times to get them closed.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yesterday I was driving back to work after lunch when my passenger door came open. Obviously I couldn't just reach over and close it. And to make matters worse, I was in the left hand lane of two lanes. So my solution was to add more skinny pedal to coerce it closed. The best part, in the middle of this a car passed me on the right with the driver looking into my truck with a "WTF?" look on his face. I just have him the "Sup?" head nod. I'm sure he thought I was a nutcase.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Had to throw a set of jumper cables to get BSD to fire today, that and a bit o' either.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

door locks froze up on Bronco

started first try, ran a little rough for 5 seconds or so and smoothed right out

which is more than I can say for my SuperDuty which just barely started, died a couple times, and then ran rough for 5 minutes. Finally got it to warm up but now have a check engine light that won't go out.

aye, aye, aye it's cold

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chipped the ice from the block heater plug, reset the GFI and plugged it back in. Two shots of glow plugs and she runs like new.

icon biggin

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 pm

No bronco issues as it doesnt run. But my truck fired right up at -17. Not a single hiccup. Gotta love my 7.3. Only thing that sucks about it is the hubs are shot so no 4wd. So today trying to tow our 6.7psd at work was some 2wd smokey pulls in the parking lot. I did fire up the garage heater to take the chill off for a while.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:40 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post How cold is it?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The diesel VW fired up no problem. Glad there were no gelling issues, wondered if I'd run into that.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ESOF - Especially Shitty Original Ford

ESOF - Electronic Shift On The Fly

The warn swap is a common change, I like being lazy and staying in the truck when it's cold.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Back to the frozen door locks. I shoot a little WD-40 on my latches and key slots. Have not had a door freeze up for years.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Brr, you guys are really gettin' it! Here it just rains. Barely gets into the low 30's! I WANT SNOW!!

I remember when my 7.3 went into high idle when it was cold after I did the turbo back exhaust. Sounded like a jet engine!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Frozen locks and doors are typical for me. I've crawled in through the passenger door or even the tail gate more times than I can count.

Last winter when it was -35* I pulled the shifter right out of my NP435. When it gets below -15* or so, it is so hard to move the shifter due to the thick gear oil. When you let the clutch out in Neutral, the truck still wants to move forward. With the old carb, it would stall out, with my EFI, it just drops RPMs a bit and keeps purring.

Of course I have a block heater set on a timer to come on a few hours before I leave for work.

JD, 35* and raining is worse than -10* and sunny. I try to explain it to my Ohio friends but they just don't get it.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chad - you're right, but it only freezes here if there are no clouds (at least this winter), so we don't get rain with the cold temps. I am thankful for that because black ice SUX!! But the sun doesn't shine much here. I really miss my CO sunshine!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Daniel had the fuel in his cummins gel up, had to tow her home, tent her and put all the space heaters underneath to thaw, then went and purchased more anti gel additive. Have to say watching he and his buddies outside with the bonfire going in the firepit in the driveway, shuffling coals to the pan under the truck to ad yet more heat for 3 hrs was quite humorous.

Youth and vigor.... Sometimes it works out for you, other times.... Well you ignore the need for additional additive till it's too late

Wish I took pics

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hope this cold weather holds so it can go ahead and crack the remaining 12" of my F250 windshield.

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next