[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - POTENTIAL Mustang Build...
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 POTENTIAL Mustang Build... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post POTENTIAL Mustang Build...
Hey guys, I'm gauging interest from you guys on a potential Mustang build day. I've talked to Zac about this once already and he likes the idea. Here is what I have.....

My dad owns a 66 Fastback that he & I started to tear down 9 years ago. 8 Years ago, my first son was born...you get the picture. My dad is going to be 66 this year, travels a ton with his job and between that and the sports that my boys play, we just haven't had time to do much of anything on the thing the past few years on it. So, the other side of this coin, my parents own a couple of other cars that my mom said we could sell to use as funds to pay for parts on the 'Stang. I need to sell the other cars to be able to get the money for the parts, get the parts and get set up to go on the build. Right now, the Mustang is completely tore down, I have the driver side floor boards tacked in, the pass floor boards cut out. It needs an entire new front end as far as sheet metal goes. I've got my old 9" (w/3.50 gears & drum brakes) that is going to go into it.

The cars that are going to be sold will potentially bring in around $4k for parts purchases. What I would like to do is see who would be interested in donating a day or a weekend to help me work on this thing and get me kicked off top dead center on this project. Right now, its major sheet metal work. I've got access to all the tools (welder, plasma cutter, saws, torches, etc.) to do the work, I just don't have the hands to do it all.

My mom & I have started a little bit of a conspiracy together to get something done on this thing and I'd just like to throw this out there to gauge interest in everyone that would like to do it. I'd probably be looking to do this the end of May (weekend of the 24th, dad's 66th B-day) or the beginning of June (weekend of the 7th, mom & dad's 45th anniversary) when she said that she could take him away for a long weekend and would be out of my hair on the project & I'd be able to give him a nice surprise.

Thoughts.....please discuss and give me your iders

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: POTENTIAL Mustang Build...
We could do a Bronstang. Put the Mustang body on a Bronco chassis. Seriously I like your idea and am willing to help where I can.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd be happy to come turn wrenches for a day.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I may be able to come down for a day and help dependent on what day you guys plan, June would be a better possibility for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Count me in, both times are open at the moment.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Alright, I'll keep this thing updated as the date gets closer, I'm thinking more along the lines of the June date because it would be a little easier on me, time wise. It gives me 2 extra weeks to get the other cars sold and parts in. But I'll update every so often as to how things are going with everything. Thanks for the interest guys, I'd really appreciate the help if this does come into being.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]