[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Business trips suck
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Business trips suck 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Business trips suck
I am out of town for work and just realized, while packing, I had forgotten my Kindle fire HD on the plane Monday. This is the first time I've forgotten something in all of my travels and there have been a lot. I've deregistered it already so it's not linked to my amazon account any more. Called the airlines and filed an online form. I'm sure I'll never see it again. The regional plane I was on only goes back and forth between Birmingham and Denver so I'll check the seat back pocket once I get on the plane tomorrow in the very off chance its still there. I feel like an ass right now. It's not terribly expensive just Sucks. Anyone else lose something this same way and get it back or not?

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Business trips suck
Yup.

I am very religious about making sure I keep track of my belongings while traveling.

My nemesis seems to be earbuds. I just recently lost yet another set of them. I buy high end ones that fit it into your ear and sit flush so you can't even tell they are in. This allows me to ride my motorcycle at break-neck speeds without a helmet on and they stay in place.

Normally I keep them around my neck but every once in a while I put them in the seat-back and have now forgotten / lost three pair.

Man I hate when I do that.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, hopefully it turns up.

My most recent...had just bought lift tickets in Switzerland, went back to the car, paid for parking, got all the gear for myself and my family and headed to the Gondola. Went to find my wallet as that is where the lift tickets were and my wallet was gone. I panicked for about a half an hour, tearing our car apart, dumping every bag, nothing. So in the off chance someone turned it in, I asked the ticket office if it had been turned in. To my relief some honest person did. I had the equivalent of probably $600 in it, with CC's and Mil ID etc. Thank God for honest people!!

Might be time for a chain??

Rox - I am a sucker for good sound, but have reined in my pursuit because with kids, you don't get the chance to listen to anything on a personal level anymore! I did however, get a nice bluetooth speaker for Christmas that is not bad for it's size.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I left a pair of Bose headphones on a plane once. I had won them through my company so I was only out a really nice pair of free headphones. Recently, my dad left his Kindle Fire on a plane and the next person sitting in that seat found it. They were able to see his email address and sent him an email to ship it back to him. Once again-- thank goodness for honest people. Good luck with finding it! Hopefully someone is looking to gain some good karma.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh yes I feel the pain. I'm down on two sets of Bose and it hurts. I almost left the Ipad recently also, but grabbed it as I was getting ready to walk off. I had 127 flights last year so my chance of screwing up goes up more than I want it to.

Canon City, Co

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did that last summer on my fishing trip. Left my tablet on the back seat of a helicopter we were on. Let the lodge know but was lucky enough that the helicopter was making 1 more trip back to the island and ended up bringing it back for me. I was pissed at myself for leaving it there and the cute gal that brought it back to me kind of gave me the stink eye for leaving it on there.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was on a trip to Houston a few weeks ago. Took some customers out for supper. Came out of the restaurant and seen someone got there window smash in their truck. Ohhh. That's my rental truck! Took my laptop bag. If you travel as much as I (75%) your life is in that bag. Got pc, hard drive car keys oakleys bosie... And a life of information on the PC. Sucked big time.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't realize we had so many business travelers in the group.

One thing we ran into in CA a while back.........guys would wait in hotel and restaruant parking lots and when business guys would get out and lock thier doors with remote key fob................they had some device that captured the code..........and they would unlock your car and take your stuff.

It's always best to put it in the trunk and lock the doors with the button on the door.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Second fastest vehicle ever made: a rental car.

Fastest vehicle ever made: someone else's rental car.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Canon City, Co

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Every time I fly, which is alot, I never put anything in the back pocket. Dont trust myself to grab it. Chances are it is gone they clean through those planes between flights so fast they will never notice anything not protruding. If you havent heard anything yet. I always seem to lose the little rubber things on the end of my head phones before I get on the plane which sucks. banghead

Worse was losing my keys in the woods snowboarding at keystone and having to get a chip and laser cut key made for the jetta. Then the second key at home stopped working, and VW wanted 400 to fix it.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So this isn't about what I lost but what I saw on my last business trip. I was leaving Calgary and saw the most amazing hat on a guy in the security line. So then I overheard a man in a British accent ask if the guy was from Australia and his duck dynasty reply was, and I quote, " nah, I'm from Mississippi and it's a GATOR". So of course I had to find a way to capture this fashion genius and managed to do so on the plane while faking a stretch. And yes, that's duct tape. Gotta love travel...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My last business trip to Houston I found an black iPad in the seat magazine holder in my chair. I gave the iPad to the stewardess and let the others ones know also- they said they would call the folks who had the previous seats.

I lost my items I would immediately call the airline to have them check my old seat..I guess it would be 50/50 if would actually happen, but it cant hurt and I have faith that most people are good.

I have a red iPad cover for that very reason..harder to miss as it doesn't blend in with all the other things.

J.E.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Last week I had to go to Milwaukee for my first team meeting with the new big boss............got hit hard with the flu and ended up laying in bed the whole time.

To make it worse, the thermostat in my room was bad so no heat all night but it kicked on and stayed on so the room was 87 degrees when they finally made the effort to replace it.

If that wasn't enough, while flying home, somewhere over Kansas or Nebraska, I saw where someone had cut the word OBEY into their crop. Not sure what to make of that.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]